Skip to main content

Books Read In August

I read 7 books in August.

1. Reality TV Bites by Shane Bolks


This was a very light read. At some parts, I lost interest but towards the middle/end of the book, it was good. I rated it 2 stars on Goodreads.com.

2. Behind Closed Doors -B.A. Paris


I loved this book. The writing was great it kept me on the edge of my seat. If you like a good mystery novel, I definitely recommend this book. B.A. Paris just released a new book and I'm on the wait list for it at my library. I rated this book 4 stars. 

3. The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily -Rachel Cohn & David Levithan


I loved this book, which is the follow up to Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. Even though I read it during the Summer, it totally put me in the Christmas mood! I hope they write more books starring these characters in the future. I rated it 5 stars.

4. Into The Water by Paula Hawkins


I had really high hopes for this novel since I absolutely loved Paula Hawkin's debut novel, The Girl on The Train. However, this book had so many characters in it and kept jumping around a lot that it was hard to keep up. Overall, I did like it, but not nearly as much as I loved her first novel. I rated it 4 stars on Goodreads.com but I would have rated it 3.5 stars if they would have allowed half stars.

5. Still Missing -Chevy Stevens


This book was definitely creepy but overall I still enjoyed it. I've read another book by this author and I have the rest of her novels on my TBR list. This book isn't my favorite as it took me a while to get into it but once I did, I liked it. I rated it 3 stars.

6. All The Summer Girls -Meg Donohue


This book took me a while to get into but once I did, I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite book but I did like it. I rated it 3 stars.

7. Forever, Interrupted by Taylor Jenkins Reid


I love this author and this book was great. It was really sad but I knew it was going to be going into it because of the summary of the story line. I have two more books of this author's that I want to read but only one of them is available at my library. I rated this 4 stars.

My favorite books of August are The Twelve Days of Dash & Lily, Forever Interrupted, & Behind Closed Doors. 

Comments

  1. The Dash & Lily books sound so good. I've always wanted to read books to actually go with the seasons, so I am going to put those 2 books at the top of my "to read" list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm