Skip to main content

Books Read In July 2019

The Friends We Keep by Jane Green


I really like Jane Green's novels and I have the rest of her novels that I haven't already read on my TBR list. I really liked this novel. It was sometimes hard to keep with the alternating characters and story lines but overall I really liked it. I rated it 4 stars on Goodreads.

When You Read This by Mary Adkins


I didn't really enjoy this novel as much as I thought I would. It was a novel told through letters, e-mails, etc. and I normally love those types of novels but this one was kind of blah for me. I rated it 2 stars on Goodreads.

Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis


I really enjoyed this novel, just like I enjoyed Girl, Wash Your Face. I love her books and I find that I get a lot out of them. I rated this book 4 stars.

Shamed by Linda Castillo


This is the 11th novel in the Kate Burkholder series. I love this mystery series. I came across this series after watching a Lifetime movie which was based off the first novel in the series. I finish these books so quickly because they are so good and they have lots of different twists and turns. I rated this book 5 stars and if you like mysteries, I definitely recommend this series.

The Eleventh Victim by Nancy Grace


This novel (along with two others) are a series. I wanted to read these novels because the movies on Hallmark Mystery & Movies called the Hailey Dean Mysteries are based off these novels. The book threw me off because there was a whole second plot theme in this book that wasn't featured in the movie and it kept making me so confused about how it related to the other plot line. I had to force myself to read the chapters that in my opinion didn't relate to the main story. I rated this novel 2 stars.

You've Been Volunteered (A Class Mom Novel) by Laurie Gelman


I was so excited to find out that the author of Class Mom was coming out with a second novel. I loved this novel just as much as the first and I highly recommend reading both of these novels. I rated this book 5 stars.

What books did you read in July?

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear When You Read This wasn't that great. I usually like books in letters, emails, etc too, and it's on my TBR! I wasn't interested in Girl, Wash Your Face, but I'm curious to check out this follow-up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. I liked Girl, Wash Your Face better than the follow-up so I'm curious to find out which one you like better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm