Skip to main content

July Book Post

Here are the books I read in July:

1. The Arrangement by Sarah Dunn

I really enjoyed this novel. The story was very different and it held my interest. I was very curious to find out what was going to happen next and how the story was going to end. I rated this book 4 stars on the Goodreads website.


2. Always & Forever, Lara Jean -Jenny Han

This is the third and final installment of the Lara Jean series. I have loved all of the books in this series and this one was no exception. I'm sad that there are going to be no more new books but I do love how this book ended and wrapped up Lara Jean's story. I rated this book 5 stars.


3. The Sunshine Sisters -Jane Green

Another fabulous novel by Jane Green. This one focused on three sisters and their childhood and how they were raised by their mother and how the mother treated each of them so differently. A circumstance finds all the sisters (who are spread out in different places) back home for the Summer and trying to juggle their lives and their relationships with each other and their loved ones. I rated this book 4 stars.


4. The Big Love -Sarah Dunn

After I finished The Arrangement earlier this month, I wanted to read Sarah Dunn's other two novels. I didn't enjoy this novel nearly as much as The Arrangement and I kind of struggled to get through this book. It wasn't the worst book I've ever read but it wasn't one that I would recommend either. I rated it 2 stars.



5. Secrets to Happiness -Sarah Dunn

This book held my interest but I didn't love it/dislike it. I liked it more then I liked The Big Love but I didn't love it as much as I loved The Arrangement. However, I would recommend this book as it was a really thought provoking book in the sense that everyone has different things to them that brings them happiness and not everyone is going to be happy over the same things. I rated it 2 stars. Also, how adorable is the cover of this book? The dog laying on his back in the Summer grass just screams happiness to me.


6. Down A Dark Road -Linda Castillo

This is one of my all time favorite book series' and the ninth novel in the series was just as amazing and captivating as the other 8 novels. Linda Castillo just pulls you into every book in this series. The main character, is Kate Burkholder, the chief of police in the fictional town of Painter's Mill. She is formerly Amish and the Amish community is featured prominently in each of the novels. If you love a good mystery, I definitely recommend this book series. I rated this book 5 stars.


7. Mystic Summer -Hannah McKinnon

I was browsing the shelves of the library and this book stood out to me. I ended up loving this book so much that I added it to my list of books to buy one day. It was such a fun Summery story and I really liked the characters. Unfortunately, the two other books by this author aren't available at my library but they are reasonably priced on Amazon's website. I definitely recommend this book if you want a fun and refreshing read for the Summer months. It would certainly be a great book to read at the beach/pool/lake or out on a boat. I rated this book 5 stars.


All images are from Goodreads!

What did you read in July? Do you have any book recommendations that I should check out? Have you read any of the books I read in July? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm