Skip to main content

Books Read in May

I totally forgot to post this sooner as I had been really busy the last week of May and first week in June.

Without further ado, here are the books I read in May...

1. A Parcel For Anna Browne -Miranda Dickinson (started in April, finished in May)
3 out of 5 stars
I have read all of Miranda Dickinson's novels and loved them all. She's a really great writer and I love all of the characters she has in her books.

2. Wildflower -Drew Barrymore (started in April, finished in May)
3 out of 5 stars
Drew Barrymore is a great actress and I love watching her movies. I have many favorite movies of hers but two that I really love are Ever After & Riding In Cars With Boys. This was such a great memoir and a really insightful look into her life and things she's experienced and been through as a child actor all the way into her adult years. If you're a fan of her and her movies, I definitely recommend reading this book.

3. Me Before You -JoJo Moyes
5 out of 5 stars
I'm very late in reading this but I'm so glad I did. It's an incredible book and I loved the story between the two main characters. I'm so excited to read the sequel (After You) and see the movie that is based on the book that is out now in theaters.

4. Opportunity Knocks -Alison Sweeney
4 out of 5 stars
I've read Alison Sweeney's first two novels and loved them both. I love watching movies with her in it as she's a great actress and that's what made me want to read her first two books. I enjoyed those books as well as this book which is her third novel. She also has an autobiography out but I haven't read that.

5. Room -Emma Donoghue
1 out of 5 stars
I know everyone raved about this book and the movie, however I did not like it all. I saw the movie a week or so before reading the book (normally, I read the book before seeing the movie). I loved the movie and that's what made me want to read the book. I can't really explain why I didn't like this book other than it was just really hard for me to become invested in and want to read. The book is written from the perspective of the boy in the movie, her son. I don't know if I would have liked the book more if it was told from her perspective or not.

All images are from the Goodreads website.

Have you read any of these books? If so, have you liked them? What are you currently reading?

Comments

  1. I love Ever After & Riding In Cars With Boys!!

    I was thinking about reading "Me Before You" and seeing that you enjoyed it I just might.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! She's a really great actress. I knew she had been there a lot in her life and wanted to read the book and it was really interesting hearing everything from her own perspective.

      It was really good albeit sad at some parts. I just bought the sequel and have one book to read before I start that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm