Skip to main content

Five on Friday


One: Happy New Year!!

I hope 2015 is a blessed, happy, healthy, and wonderful year for my family, my friends, myself and all of you who read this blog!!

Credit: sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot

Two: Christmas in New York

I had a wonderful 10 days in New York visiting my family and making many wonderful and special memories with them. I spent a ton of quality time with my nieces & nephews, siblings, sister & brother in laws, and my dad. One of my main highlights (besides spending quality time with my family), was meeting my baby nephew M for the first time and bonding with him. He is such a love bug. I enjoyed holding him and rocking him while singing to him. He even feel asleep while I was holding him. I gave him his bottle and burped him a few times during my trip. It was so hard to leave him because I know the next time I see him he won't be in the little baby stages anymore. It breaks my heart that I have to miss out on so much of my nieces & nephews lives since I only get to see them a few times a year. Another highlight was receiving a beautiful hand-made scarf knitted for me by niece & God-daughter O. She surprised me with it and it seriously amazes me how talented she is at just 9 years old. She's definitely got her mom & Grammy's genes when it comes to knitting. Another highlight was seeing the joy & happiness on my nieces and nephews faces when they opened their gifts from me. I love being Auntie Claus every holiday season!

^Tree in Rockefeller Center ; Personal Photo^

Three: My 28th birthday

While I was in NY, I celebrated my birthday with my family up there. My dad treated me, his girlfriend, my brother, SIL, and nephews J & N to dinner at my favorite restaurant in the city. My SIL  A, made a delicious dinner and my brother R brought me a super yummy Reese's Peanut Butter ice cream cake from Friendly's and my nephews, dad, brother, & SIL all sang to me. My sister C, BIL A, niece A & nephew M took me out to dinner at Outback and they had them sing Happy Birthday to me. Being able to spend time with my family in NY for the holidays and celebrating my birthday with them was so very special to me. My family means everything to me and I love them all so very much! On my birthday (Dec. 31st), my mom and I spent the day together. My mom treated me to lunch at PF Changs (a birthday tradition we have) and spent the rest of the day shopping.

Credit: galadarling.com

Four: Shopping Hauls

On my birthday, my mom and I did some shopping. I received a few gift cards for Christmas and my birthday and they definitely came in handy on my shopping trips. At Bath & Body Works, I got 3 foaming soaps, three hand lotions, and 5 anti-bacs for under $24 thanks to their semi-annual sale. At Barnes & Noble, I used my two gift cards I had there to buy two DVD's one for my mom and one for me, and two books for myself. We also went to Target and I got a bunch of great stuff, including a set of pajama pants on sale for $6.

^Target shopping haul ; Personal Photo^

Five: 2015 Manifesto

Credit: Pinterest

Comments

  1. I'm not normally a huge NYC fan, but I'd still love to visit it during the holidays sometime. I've always been in the summer when it's hot and sticky and think winter is the way to go. Plus I'd love to see Rockefeller Center all lit up and maybe see the Rockettes some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up outside the city. I would never want to live in the city but I like visiting every once in a while, especially at Christmas time.

      Thank you so much for the comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm

What's Up Wednesday: January 2024 Edition

What We're Eating This Week... Monday. Takeout: salad & cheesy bread Tuesday: Meatloaf, baked mac & cheese, acorn squash Wednesday: Leftovers of meatloaf and baked mac & cheese and a vegetable What I'm Reminiscing About... My two trips to the Caribbean that both happened in February. One was in 2011 and the other was in 2018 I believe. I love the Caribbean ocean so much and I wish it was closer to where I live so that I could swim in it more often. What I'm Loving... Watching the football playoffs. One game left of the season in February.. the big game. It will be the Kansas City Chiefs vs. the San Francisco 49er's. What I've Been Up To... I've been doing the usual: planning/filming for my YT channel, reading, watching football/tv/movies and Youtube. What I'm Dreading... Nothing I want to talk about. What I'm Working On... Filming for my Youtube channel and working on my February content schedule. What I'm Excited About... Football playof