Skip to main content

My Month Is Booked: July 2024 Edition

 Here are the books I read in June:


 

The Wedding Party –L.R. Jones

My Rating: 4 stars

I really enjoyed this mystery novel. It was very good. It wasn’t overly violent or gory and I appreciated that.

 

You Look Beautiful Tonight –L.R. Jones

My Rating: 3 stars

This book was full of twists and turns I didn’t see coming. I totally did not see the ending coming.

 

Homerun Proposal –Maren Moore (Orleans University #1)

My Rating: 3 stars

I wish this book had more baseball talk in it. I also felt like it was overly heavy on the smut. I don’t mind some smut in books but I don’t like it when it’s over the top. I did really enjoy the parts of the books when they weren’t focusing on the smut scenes, but I felt like there needed to be a lot more of those parts.

 

She’s Up To No Good –Sara Goodman Confino

My Rating: 4 stars

This story follows two women (a grandmother & her granddaughter) and shares their story. I really loved this book. This is an author that I found this year and I really love her writing.

 

Don’t Forget to Write –Sara Goodman Confino

My Rating: 4 stars

This novel takes place in 1960 and is about Marilyn finding her way in life. She is sent to live with her aunt for the summer after bringing embarrassment to the family and her future at returning to college is up in the air.

Comments

  1. Ooo, I'm going to have to check out The Wedding Party and You Look Beautiful Tonight -- have been in the mood for more thrillers/mysteries lately. :]!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wedding Party was so good. You Look Beautiful Tonight was good too but the twist it had in it freaked me out. Let me know what you think of them if/when you read them. A series I highly suggest is the Amish mystery series by Linda Castillo. The 16th book in the series just came out and I know that may seem like a lot of books but they are such quick reads and they are all so good.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: July 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Eggplant parm. Tuesday: Salad with tuna Wednesday: Pasta with sausage I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to the lake. What I'm Loving... Lots of family time. Watching baseball and the Olympics. What I've Been Up To... We went to a camp resort for a family vacation and it was so much fun! I've been spending lots of time with family. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Excited About... Trip to visit my family (went up in June and came back July 8th), family vacation to camp resort, my nephew N turned 16, watching baseball and the Olympics. I saw Sam Hunt, Russell Dickerson and George Birge in concert and I had the best time. All three guys put on an amazing show! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Baseball, the Olympics, RHONJ, Hallmark. Reading: I read 6 books this month. My reading recap