Skip to main content

What I Read In: June, July, August, September

Credit: This Link

Books Read in June:

1. A Discovery of Hope -T.I. Lowe (started in May, finished in June)

I rated this book 3 stars. It isn't my favorite book by this author but I still really enjoyed it.

2. The Great Alone -Kristin Hannah

I rated this book 5 stars. Believe it or not, this is the first book I read by Kristin Hannah but after devouring this novel, I can't wait to read all of her books. I have a feeling this will be one of my favorite books of the year.

Books Read In July:

1. Save The Date -Morgan Matson (started in June, finished in July)

Morgan Matson is one of many Young Adult authors that I love. This book was so cute and I really enjoyed it. It was just another fabulous book by this author and I have read all of her books. This novel was her latest release. I rated this book 5 stars.

2. A Gathering of Secrets by Linda Castillo 


This is book #10 in the Kate Burkholder mystery series. This is my favorite mystery series ever! I rated this book 5 stars as it was another amazing book in the series. I will be so sad when this series ends, which I hope isn't for a very long time.

3. 9 Days & 9 Nights -Katie Cotugno


Katie Cotungo is another YA author that I love. I enjoyed this book but it wasn't my favorite novel that she's published. I rated this book 3 stars.

4. Night Road -Kristin Hannah


Another fabulous novel by Kristin Hannah! I loved this book a lot. I rated it 5 stars.

Books Read in August:

1. Hocus Pocus & The All New Sequel by A.W. Jantha


I am obsessed with the movie Hocus Pocus and when I saw this book was coming out, I could hardly contain my excitement. I rated this book 3 stars. I loved the Hocus Pocus story but the sequel didn't live up to the original story, in my opinion.

2. The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang


I really loved that the main character in this book has Asperger's Syndrome, which is what I have. That's the reason I wanted to read this book. While I liked this book, it wasn't my favorite. It had a lot of sexy scenes that I wasn't expecting. Also, because I have Asperger's Syndrome, I found myself not believing in some of the main character's characteristics. I rated this book 3 stars.

3. All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin


Emily Giffin is one of my favorite authors. I really enjoyed this new book. The plot was something that could easily happen in real life and actually has been seen on the news, numerous times. I really enjoyed the characters and how the chapters were told from different character's perspectives. I rated this book 4 stars.

4. Believe Me by J.P. Delaney


I read The Girl Before (the author's first novel), while on vacation in the Caribbean and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I liked Believe Me enough but I loved the author's first novel a lot more. I rated this book 2 stars.

Book Read in September:

I wasn't a great reader in September as I only read one book

1. The Lake Season by Hannah McKinnon


I really enjoy Hannah McKinnon's novels. I liked this one but it wasn't my favorite. I rated it 2 stars.

Comments

  1. Okay, I officially have to get on the Kristin Hannah train. Your review is the 50th one I've read singing her praises so I definitely need to get my hands on some of her books!

    I like Morgan Matson too--I haven't read her newest, but just finished Since You've Been Gone and really enjoyed it. And I read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour earlier this summer and enjoyed that too.

    I need to look into some of Kate Cotugno's stuff because I haven't read any of her books but just read an anthology she contributed to called Meet Cute (recommend!) and liked her story in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love her. I have only read 3 books by her so far but I have the rest of them on my never ending To Be Read list.

    Her new book is super cute. I think you'll really enjoy if you liked her other novels.

    She's another really great YA author so I definitely recommend you checking her out if you like YA novels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm