Skip to main content

Five on Friday/Friday Favorites: June 16th, 2017

^I'm linking up with these blogs for Five on Friday & Friday Favorites.^


Five on Friday:

1. Hip Bursitis

Within the past month and a half, I've been diagnosed with left hip bursitis. I have been having pain in my left hip for the majority of this year and after visiting my regular doctor, he sent me to an orthopedic doctor where I had X-rays and was given the diagnosis. I'm currently doing 3 days a week of physical therapy until the second to last week of July. I'm still in a lot of pain but therapy has been going well. I always have exercises that I do at home that my PT gave me to do. Unfortunately, my doctors didn't want me working this Summer because of this and because of the fact that I have to go to PT three times a week so I had to regretfully leave my Summer job which I was loving.

2. The Graduates

Tomorrow my niece and God-daughter, O, graduates from elementary school. Her elementary school goes through 6th grade so tomorrow she will be graduating and in September she will be heading into middle school (time sure does fly by!) and 7th grade. During one of my trips back home to visit, when O was little, I remember she was taking a nap when I first got to my sister's house, and when she woke up, I went up to get her out of her crib and I go in her home and she sees that it's me, and she breaks into this hug smile and raises her arms up in the air because she wanted me to pick her up. My nephew, J, graduates next week from elementary school. He will be leaving 5th grade and elementary school behind and going into 6th grade in September. J and I were on Facetime together last week and he kept saying how much he misses me. I told him that I missed him more because the aunt always misses the nephew/niece more than the nephew/niece misses the aunt and he said that's not true. It's crazy to see how grown up my nephews and nieces are getting and how fast time is flying by. Being an aunt is sincerely my greatest joy and nothing else compares to it.

Credit: Pinterest

3. David Wright Article

I couldn't help but start to cry while reading this great article about David Wright. I sure do miss seeing him playing every day for the New York Mets.


4. Book Recommendation

I recently read a great book. It's called Invisible Ellen by Shari Shattuck. I found the book randomly at a book store by my house called Book Warehouse. It was less than $8 and it was a hardcover book. It was such a great story and now I can't wait to get my hands on the second book, Becoming Ellen.

Credit: Goodreads.com

5. Quotes & Funnies

Credit: This Site





Credit: This Site

Friday Favorites:

Favorite Product:

Coco Shea Cucumber Aloe Gel Lotion
 I purchased this product in the beginning of Spring and I knew I had to include it as a favorite. It's from a new line of products that is sold at Bath & Body Works. It's one of my favorite lotions to date and it's especially nice for the Summer months as the aloe gel in the formula has a cooling effect when you apply it to your skin. I definitely recommend it.
Credit: This Article

Favorite Book I've Read (so far) This Year:

^This is a great mystery novel and I read this while I was on vacation in Turks & Caicos. I never really liked reading mystery novels until a few years ago. I had watched a great Lifetime movie and found out that it was based on a book. It was actually based on the first novel in a series as I came to found out. I was sucked into the book just like I was the movie and I have know read and own all of the books in the series. It's an Amish mystery series by Linda Castillo. The main character is Kate Burkholder and the series is called The Kate Burkholder Series. The 9th novel in the series comes out next month and I'm so excited. Since I found myself loving this mystery series so much, I have been reading more mystery books. I really enjoy them! Here is a little more about, The Girl Before, from the book's page on the Amazon website: "In the tradition of The Girl on the Train, The Silent Wife, and Gone Girl comes an enthralling psychological thriller that spins one woman’s seemingly good fortune, and another woman’s mysterious fate, through a kaleidoscope of duplicity, death, and deception." I highly recommend checking this novel out especially if you love a good mystery.

Music Favorites:

I've been listening to a lot of country music and also I'm listening to Ed Sheeran a lot as well. I'm listening to all of my favorite country singers and groups and I'm also loving the new singer Brett Young and his self-titled album.

Here are some songs I'm loving lately:

Craving You -Thomas Rhett & Maren Morris
Suitcase -Steve Moakler
Hurricane -Luke Combs
Home To Me -Sarah Darling
Lights Down Low -Jessie James Decker
Barefoot & Crazy -Jack Ingram
Think Of You -Chris Young & Cassadee Pope

What artists/songs/albums have you all been enjoying?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi