Skip to main content

My Month is Booked: February 2026 Edition

 


Change of Plans –Sarah Dessen

My Rating: 4 stars (really 4.5)

From acclaimed and #1 New York Times bestselling author Sarah Dessen comes a romantic coming-of-age novel about an unassuming girl who learns to stand on her own while falling in love during a life-changing summer.

This is Sarah Dessen’s first novel in a number of years and I am so excited to have a new release from her. This novel is expected to be published May 5th, 2026. I won this book in a giveaway on Goodreads. I’m not allowed to really say anything about the book as it has yet to be published but I will say that I loved it so much and I really hope Sarah Dessen doesn’t have another big gap between publishing novels because I love her writing so much. I’m pretty sure I’ve rated all of her novels either 4 or 5 stars.


Two Can Play -Ali Hazelwood (a novella)

My Rating: 5 stars

I loved this novella so much and  I really wish it was a full length novel. I loved the main characters and the secondary characters as well.


The Jills -Karen Parkman

My Rating: 5 stars

I absolutely loved this book!  From Goodreads: "In this propulsive debut, a Buffalo Bills cheerleader will stop at nothing to solve the disappearance of her best friend and teammate, navigating the dark underbelly of a hardscrabble city, the grime and glamour of professional cheerleading, and her own tangled family history." This was such a good mystery novel and I highly enjoyed it. I can't wait for Karen Parkman's next novel!


Undiscovered Gyrl -Allison Burnett

My Rating: 3.5 stars

This book was turned into the movie Ask Me Anything and I watched the movie first and I decided I wanted to read the book. I didn't realize that there was also a novella for a second novel, as well as a third novel. I enjoyed this book but I definitely liked the movie more. This novel focuses on Katie Kempenfelt and the blog she keeps.


Another girl -Allison Burnett

My Rating: 2 stars

This is a novella and the second book. I really can't say what this book is about without giving away what the first book is about. I thought it was okay, but not that good.


The Last Girl Podcast -Allison Burnett

My Rating: 2 stars (really 2.5 stars)

Again, I can't really say what this book is about without giving away what the first book was about. I enjoyed the first book but the novella and the third book weren't that good in my opinion.

Comments

  1. I often struggle with novellas as I always want MORE-- more detail, more character development, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree with you! Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  2. Ahh, that's awesome that you won the book in a giveaway! I enter em' all the time and have one a Kindle book once so far! :P

    I grew up reading so many of Sarah Dessen's books! :] Which one was your favorite? Will be looking forward to Change of Plans! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enter them a-lot too, this is the fourth book I won but the first book in many years that I won. I don't think I can choose just one Sarah Dessen book as a favorite as I've loved them all. I think I've rated all of her books either 4 or 5 stars. I really hope you enjoy Change of Plans!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books Read in February 2022

  The Code For Love & Heartbreak -Jillian Cantor I saw this book on sale for $10 and thought it looked interesting. It was a cute story line. A little repetitive at places but overall I enjoyed it. I rated it 3 stars on the Goodreads website. When Less Becomes More -Emily Ley I love Emily Ley's books and I had the pleasure of meeting her at one of the Wild For Planners Go Wild Planner conferences. She is super sweet! I really enjoy her personal development books. I rated this book 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 4) -Alice Oseman I love this series so much. I love graphic novels and I really wish my library had more of them. I rated this book 4 stars. Bad Moms -Nora McInerny I like this movie (and the sequel A Bad Mom's Christmas) and I saw this at a discount store and I had no idea it was made into a novel. I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite book ever since I knew everything that happened since it stuck very close to the movie. I rated it 3 stars. Life, Unscheduled -K...

Books Read In December 2021 & End of Year Book Survey

  In December, I read 6 books. The first three books I read are apart of a series. The series is called Moose Springs, Alaska by Sarah Morgenthaler. I rated all three of these books 3 stars on the Goodreads website. This was a super cute series. I really enjoyed these books. They were fun, light reads. I think the fourth book in the series comes out in 2021. Book 1: The Tourist Attraction Book 2: Mistletoe & Mr. Right Book 3: Enjoy The View The Holiday Switch -Tif Marcelo I loved this book so much. It was such a cute, fun, and festive read. This is on my list of my favorite books I've read this year. I rated this book 4 stars. The last two books I read this month are also apart of a series. I rated both of them 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 1) & Heartstopper (Volume 2) -Alice Oseman Top 10 Favorite Books of the Year: 1.       Malibu Rising –Taylor Jenkins Reid 2.               ...

Books Read In November 2020

  In November, I read 5 books. Three are new to me and 2 are re-reads. All images are from Goodreads except the first photo is from Amazon. Love Your Life -Sophie Kinsella I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite novel of Sophie Kinsella's but I still recommend it and I did enjoy it. I rated this book 3 stars on Goodreads.com. Christmas At Fireside Cabins -Jenny Hale Another great Christmas novel from Jenny Hale. I highly recommend all of her Christmas books. The story, the setting, the characters... are just so sweet and fun. I rated this book 4 stars. In A Holidaze -Christina Lauren This is my first time reading a book from Christina Lauren and I loved it. I have the rest of their books on my TBR list. I really enjoyed this book. It had a really interesting plot and I loved the characters and the setting so much. I rated this book 4 stars. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -Rachel Cohn & David Levithan I re-read this book and I loved it just as much as reading it th...