Skip to main content

My Month Is Booked: February 2025 Edition

 

In January, I typically still read Christmas books that are leftover from my TBR that I didn't get a chance to read in November or December.


Here are the 5 books I read in Janurary 2025:


The Christmas Crush -Noelle Douglas

My Rating: 3 stars

This was a cute Christmas romance. It talked a lot about baked goods so I was always wanting sweets (but I always crave sweet in general). While I thought the novel was good, it wasn’t my favorite Christmas novel I’ve read and not one I’d re-read.


The Sleight before Christmas (Holiday Hijinx series #2) –Kate Stewart

My Rating: 3 stars

I was so excited to see a second book in this series. I didn’t love it as much as the first one (The Plight before Christmas) but I still really enjoyed it. The first novel in this series follows the story of Whitney. This novel follows the story of her sister, Serena & her husband Thatch. I would love to see more novels in this series.

 

Single & Ready to Jingle –Piper Rayne

My Rating: 2 stars (really 2.5)

I thought this was a cute Christmas romance, it was fun and sweet. This story centers on a woman who loves Christmas and a guy who hates Christmas. If Goodreads had a half star system, I would have rated this book 2.5 stars. It wasn't one of my favorite Christmas novels that I read (and I have read a-lot).

 

Merry Kissmas –Piper Rayne

My Rating: 4 stars

I loved this book a lot. The book description says “Six years ago, he was her one-night stand, and now they’re sharing a villa for the holidays. I thought I was over him. That his good looks and British accent couldn’t affect me anymore. But the minute our eyes lock across the elevator, all those feelings come roaring back to life. Then I find out we’re competing for the same job. Next comes the realization that we have to spend a week together on a ski vacation because of some six-degree-of separation nonsense. The real kicker is when I find out the two of us have to share a villa. A very small, very cozy villa. Needless to say, this Christmas getaway is starting off rockier than the mountains we’ll be skiing down. I’ve stayed away for years, what’s one week? But I forgot how much easier it is to ignore him with an ocean separating us-especially when he’s determined to win me back.” This was such a fun novel. I enjoyed all of the characters (both the main characters and the supporting characters), the setting, and the story-line.

 

The Christmas Cookie Wars –Eliza Evans

My Rating: 4 stars

The description “A romantic comedy about a woman who’s determined to save Christmas for her sons, even if it means a waging a holiday cookie war with their handsome principal… if she can resisting falling in love with him”. This book is so lovely. I enjoyed it so much. Out of the 5 books I read this month, this one is my favorite. I loved the characters so much. The story is sweet, a little sad, but all around beautiful.

Comments

  1. I never think to read seasonal books, but this sound fun and light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year, I read a lot of seasonal books. I love them so much. Thank you so much for the comment.

      Delete
  2. The Christmas Cookie Wars sounds like a really cute read! :] Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so cute. I really enjoyed it. Of course. Thank you for hosting the link up! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books Read in February 2022

  The Code For Love & Heartbreak -Jillian Cantor I saw this book on sale for $10 and thought it looked interesting. It was a cute story line. A little repetitive at places but overall I enjoyed it. I rated it 3 stars on the Goodreads website. When Less Becomes More -Emily Ley I love Emily Ley's books and I had the pleasure of meeting her at one of the Wild For Planners Go Wild Planner conferences. She is super sweet! I really enjoy her personal development books. I rated this book 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 4) -Alice Oseman I love this series so much. I love graphic novels and I really wish my library had more of them. I rated this book 4 stars. Bad Moms -Nora McInerny I like this movie (and the sequel A Bad Mom's Christmas) and I saw this at a discount store and I had no idea it was made into a novel. I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite book ever since I knew everything that happened since it stuck very close to the movie. I rated it 3 stars. Life, Unscheduled -K...

Books Read In December 2021 & End of Year Book Survey

  In December, I read 6 books. The first three books I read are apart of a series. The series is called Moose Springs, Alaska by Sarah Morgenthaler. I rated all three of these books 3 stars on the Goodreads website. This was a super cute series. I really enjoyed these books. They were fun, light reads. I think the fourth book in the series comes out in 2021. Book 1: The Tourist Attraction Book 2: Mistletoe & Mr. Right Book 3: Enjoy The View The Holiday Switch -Tif Marcelo I loved this book so much. It was such a cute, fun, and festive read. This is on my list of my favorite books I've read this year. I rated this book 4 stars. The last two books I read this month are also apart of a series. I rated both of them 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 1) & Heartstopper (Volume 2) -Alice Oseman Top 10 Favorite Books of the Year: 1.       Malibu Rising –Taylor Jenkins Reid 2.               ...

Books Read In November 2020

  In November, I read 5 books. Three are new to me and 2 are re-reads. All images are from Goodreads except the first photo is from Amazon. Love Your Life -Sophie Kinsella I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite novel of Sophie Kinsella's but I still recommend it and I did enjoy it. I rated this book 3 stars on Goodreads.com. Christmas At Fireside Cabins -Jenny Hale Another great Christmas novel from Jenny Hale. I highly recommend all of her Christmas books. The story, the setting, the characters... are just so sweet and fun. I rated this book 4 stars. In A Holidaze -Christina Lauren This is my first time reading a book from Christina Lauren and I loved it. I have the rest of their books on my TBR list. I really enjoyed this book. It had a really interesting plot and I loved the characters and the setting so much. I rated this book 4 stars. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -Rachel Cohn & David Levithan I re-read this book and I loved it just as much as reading it th...