Skip to main content

My Month is Booked: October 2023



First Down (Beyond the Play #1) –Grace Reilly

My Rating: 4 stars

A romance novel that centers on sports? Sign me up! The sport in this book is football. I love the relationship between the two main characters and I love that both of their POV’s were in the book.

Breakaway (Beyond the Play #2) –Grace Reilly

My Rating: 3 stars

The sport featured in this book is hockey. I enjoyed this book but the one thing I didn’t like was that I felt like there were so many more sex scenes compared to the first novel in this series. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind some sex scenes in books but I felt like there was too many of them in this book. Still, I did enjoy the relationship between the two main characters like I did in the first novel of this series.

Stealing Home (Beyond the Play #3) –Grace Reilly

My Rating:

The sport featured in this book is baseball. I enjoyed this book. I like this series.

All That’s Left to Say –Emery Lord

My Rating: 4 stars

I liked this book. I felt like it was different (not in a bad way) from her other books because of the mystery element to the story. I really love Emery Lord and her writing style.

Love Me Do –Lindsey Kelk

My Rating: 5 stars

Another fabulous novel from Lindsey Kelk. I loved the characters in this story. I love Lindsey’s style of writing.

The Walk off –Megan Cousins (Wild Pitches #4)

My Rating: 5 stars

This is the fourth final novel in the Wild Pitches series and I loved it so much. I love this series and I will definitely re-read it again in the future.

Birdie & Harlow: Life, Loss, and Loving My Dog So Much I Didn't Want Kids (…Until I Did) –Taylor Wolfe

My Rating: 4 stars

Book warning (no warning for my review): pet sickness and pet loss

I knew this book was going to be hard for me to read at some parts and I was right. At those parts I knew would be hard, I could barely see the words in front of me through my tears. I did love this book though. Taylor Wolfe is a blogger and influencer that I’ve been following for years so I knew some of what she was going to write about in this book from her blog posts. Taylor truly put into words how much we love our fur-babies and are devoted to them. I really hope Taylor writes more books in the future.

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of Emory Lord but I'll have to check out her books! Definitely going to read Birdie & Harlow too (although also dreading in a way -- I lost my childhood cat a couple years ago and I still tear up whenever I think of her. :[ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy her books. I had to put my baby girl cat Pumpkin down last year due to her being so sick with mammary cancer and I'm still gutted and heartbroken and I miss her everyday.

      Delete
  2. All That's Left to Say seems like a good one. Sorry for the late comment, but thanks for linking up!!!

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books Read in February 2022

  The Code For Love & Heartbreak -Jillian Cantor I saw this book on sale for $10 and thought it looked interesting. It was a cute story line. A little repetitive at places but overall I enjoyed it. I rated it 3 stars on the Goodreads website. When Less Becomes More -Emily Ley I love Emily Ley's books and I had the pleasure of meeting her at one of the Wild For Planners Go Wild Planner conferences. She is super sweet! I really enjoy her personal development books. I rated this book 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 4) -Alice Oseman I love this series so much. I love graphic novels and I really wish my library had more of them. I rated this book 4 stars. Bad Moms -Nora McInerny I like this movie (and the sequel A Bad Mom's Christmas) and I saw this at a discount store and I had no idea it was made into a novel. I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite book ever since I knew everything that happened since it stuck very close to the movie. I rated it 3 stars. Life, Unscheduled -K...

Books Read In December 2021 & End of Year Book Survey

  In December, I read 6 books. The first three books I read are apart of a series. The series is called Moose Springs, Alaska by Sarah Morgenthaler. I rated all three of these books 3 stars on the Goodreads website. This was a super cute series. I really enjoyed these books. They were fun, light reads. I think the fourth book in the series comes out in 2021. Book 1: The Tourist Attraction Book 2: Mistletoe & Mr. Right Book 3: Enjoy The View The Holiday Switch -Tif Marcelo I loved this book so much. It was such a cute, fun, and festive read. This is on my list of my favorite books I've read this year. I rated this book 4 stars. The last two books I read this month are also apart of a series. I rated both of them 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 1) & Heartstopper (Volume 2) -Alice Oseman Top 10 Favorite Books of the Year: 1.       Malibu Rising –Taylor Jenkins Reid 2.               ...

Books Read In November 2020

  In November, I read 5 books. Three are new to me and 2 are re-reads. All images are from Goodreads except the first photo is from Amazon. Love Your Life -Sophie Kinsella I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite novel of Sophie Kinsella's but I still recommend it and I did enjoy it. I rated this book 3 stars on Goodreads.com. Christmas At Fireside Cabins -Jenny Hale Another great Christmas novel from Jenny Hale. I highly recommend all of her Christmas books. The story, the setting, the characters... are just so sweet and fun. I rated this book 4 stars. In A Holidaze -Christina Lauren This is my first time reading a book from Christina Lauren and I loved it. I have the rest of their books on my TBR list. I really enjoyed this book. It had a really interesting plot and I loved the characters and the setting so much. I rated this book 4 stars. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -Rachel Cohn & David Levithan I re-read this book and I loved it just as much as reading it th...