Skip to main content

My Month is Booked: October 2023



First Down (Beyond the Play #1) –Grace Reilly

My Rating: 4 stars

A romance novel that centers on sports? Sign me up! The sport in this book is football. I love the relationship between the two main characters and I love that both of their POV’s were in the book.

Breakaway (Beyond the Play #2) –Grace Reilly

My Rating: 3 stars

The sport featured in this book is hockey. I enjoyed this book but the one thing I didn’t like was that I felt like there were so many more sex scenes compared to the first novel in this series. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind some sex scenes in books but I felt like there was too many of them in this book. Still, I did enjoy the relationship between the two main characters like I did in the first novel of this series.

Stealing Home (Beyond the Play #3) –Grace Reilly

My Rating:

The sport featured in this book is baseball. I enjoyed this book. I like this series.

All That’s Left to Say –Emery Lord

My Rating: 4 stars

I liked this book. I felt like it was different (not in a bad way) from her other books because of the mystery element to the story. I really love Emery Lord and her writing style.

Love Me Do –Lindsey Kelk

My Rating: 5 stars

Another fabulous novel from Lindsey Kelk. I loved the characters in this story. I love Lindsey’s style of writing.

The Walk off –Megan Cousins (Wild Pitches #4)

My Rating: 5 stars

This is the fourth final novel in the Wild Pitches series and I loved it so much. I love this series and I will definitely re-read it again in the future.

Birdie & Harlow: Life, Loss, and Loving My Dog So Much I Didn't Want Kids (…Until I Did) –Taylor Wolfe

My Rating: 4 stars

Book warning (no warning for my review): pet sickness and pet loss

I knew this book was going to be hard for me to read at some parts and I was right. At those parts I knew would be hard, I could barely see the words in front of me through my tears. I did love this book though. Taylor Wolfe is a blogger and influencer that I’ve been following for years so I knew some of what she was going to write about in this book from her blog posts. Taylor truly put into words how much we love our fur-babies and are devoted to them. I really hope Taylor writes more books in the future.

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of Emory Lord but I'll have to check out her books! Definitely going to read Birdie & Harlow too (although also dreading in a way -- I lost my childhood cat a couple years ago and I still tear up whenever I think of her. :[ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy her books. I had to put my baby girl cat Pumpkin down last year due to her being so sick with mammary cancer and I'm still gutted and heartbroken and I miss her everyday.

      Delete
  2. All That's Left to Say seems like a good one. Sorry for the late comment, but thanks for linking up!!!

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm