Skip to main content

Books Read in July 2023

 

The Names They Gave Us –Emery Lord

My Rating: 4 stars


This book was good, however, for me it was very emotional. I love Emery Lord’s writing but this book was very sad. I loved the relationship between the main character and her parents and her friends.

A Week at the Shore –Barbara Delinsky

My Rating: 4 stars

This was a good book as well. It had some twists that I wasn’t expecting. I loved the relationship between the main character and her daughter and the main character and her love interest in the novel.

The Start of Me & You –Emery Lord

My Rating: 5 stars

This book was so good. Like I said above, I love Emery Lord’s writing. I loved the relationship between the main character and her group of best friends and how they were always there for each other during the good times and the bad times. I also loved the relationship between the main character and her love interest and how their relationship developed from a friendship.

The Map from Here to There –Emery Lord

My Rating: 5 stars

This was the sequel to The Start of Me & You and it was just as good. I really loved all of the characters in this book (and the first one).

Meet Me at Midnight –Jessica Pennington

My Rating: 3 stars

This was a cute book but I found it a tad boring at parts. I honestly don’t know why. I loved that the setting was at a lake.

The Art of Taking Chances –Multiple Authors

My Rating: 3 stars

This was a book featuring short YA stories from multiple authors. I liked most of the stories and I think I found some new YA authors to read.

Sunkissed –Kasie West

My Rating: 5 stars

I think this is my first Kasie West novel that I read and now I want to read all of her other novels too. I loved the storyline and the characters. This was a really fun summer read.

Float –Kate Marchant

My Rating: 4 stars

Another fun summer read. I liked the main character and her relationships with the other characters in the book.

An Evil Heart (Kate Burkholder Book #15) –Linda Castillo

My Rating: 5 stars

This is the 15th novel in the Kate Burkholder mystery series and I loved it just as much as all of the other novels in the series.

Those Summer Nights –Laura Silverman

My Rating: 3 stars

I enjoyed this book but it wasn’t a favorite. The main character and her attitude kind of annoyed me.

The Measure –Nikki Erlick

My Rating: 4 stars

My sister in law told me to read this novel. It isn’t a novel I would probably have picked up on my own, but I really enjoyed it. It had a really unique storyline.

Sometime in summer –Katrina Leno

My Rating: 3 stars

I picked this book up on a whim because it looked interesting and it was but it wasn’t a favorite of mine. It really annoyed me that in one sentence the main character would refer to her mom and  dad as mom and dad and in the next sentence she would refer to them by their first name.

Jimmy the King: Murder, Vice and the Reign of a Dirty Cop –Gus Garcia-Roberts

My Rating: 3 stars

This isn’t a book I would have normally picked up but my brother wanted me to read it and tell him about it (since he doesn’t have a lot of free time). It was a really good book. It was a little hard to follow sometimes because since it’s a non-fiction book, there were a lot of people to keep track of.

Comments

  1. What an awesome month of reading. Looks like I need to check out an Emery Lord book.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I recommend them! They are really good reads.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm