Skip to main content

Books Read in May 2023

 


Meet Me at the Lake -Carley Fortune

My Rating: 5 stars


This is the second novel from Carley Fortune and she has been added to my list of favorite authors. I absolutely love that her first two books take place at a lake. If you haven't read her books yet, I highly recommend both of them. I loved this book just as much as her first one and I can't wait to read more from her.

Happy Place -Emily Henry

My Rating: 5 stars


I absolutely loved this book. I think it's probably my favorite Emily Henry book (although I have loved them all). I love the characters in this novel, the setting and I loved the ending.

Love in the time of Serial Killers -Alicia Thompson

My Rating: 3 stars


While I did enjoy this book, it wasn't my favorite and I don't see myself re-reading it but it was enjoyable enough. I did like the development of the relationship between the two main characters.

Smart Girl Summer -Kristin Rockaway

My Rating: 3 stars


This was a cute summer read. I liked all of the main characters and the relationships between them all. I really like Kristin Rockaway's writing. 

I Miss You, I Hate This -Sara Saedi

My Rating: 3 stars


I found this book while browsing at the bookstore. I enjoyed it. It was very sad at some parts but overall it was a good read. This novel focuses on the relationship of two best friends while they have to be separated during a pandemic where a disease is threatening teenagers. The novel is told in alternating chapters between the best friend's POV's. 

Liar's Beach -Katie Cotguno

My Rating: 4 stars


The newest novel from one of  my favorite author's. I really enjoyed this novel. I loved all of the characters and the setting as well. If you like YA novels, I definitely recommend this one and all of Katie's other novels as well.

The Darlings -Hannah McKinnon

My Rating: 5 stars


Hannah McKinnon is another favorite author of mine and this is her latest novel. Also, how cute is the cover? This story was told with three different POV's, alternating by each chapter. I highly recommend all of Hannah McKinnon's novels including this one.

The Comeback -Lily Chu

My Rating: 3 stars


I had really high hopes for this novel since I loved her first novel so much. While this was an enjoyable read, it didn't grab me like her first novel.

The Curveball -Megan Cousins

My Rating: 5 stars


This is the first novel in the Wild Pitches series. A romance series revolving around my favorite sport? Sign me up! I loved this book so much. The relationship between the two main characters was wonderful!

The Changeup -Megan Cousins

My Rating: 4 stars


The second novel in the Wild Pitches series and it was very enjoyable. I rated this one 4 stars as I didn't love it as much as the first novel in the series but it was still really great.

Comments

  1. I think you are the first person I've seen that has enjoyed Carley's second book as much as the first. I'll have to check it out. I really enjoyed Happy Place and while I haven't read that McKinnon book (yet!) she often has great summer reads that I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely pick Every Summer After as my favorite of her two books but I loved the second one so much too and I don't understand how so many people didn't like it. I love her books so much. Have you read McKinnon's book Mystic Summer?

      Delete
  2. Glad these were mostly good reads. I'm planning to read Happy Place with my book club in a couple months.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good. I think it's my favorite of all of her books (although I have enjoyed them all).

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm