Skip to main content

Books Read In August 2020

 



All images are from Goodreads.com except the photo for the book The Dilemma by B.A. Paris is from Amazon.

In August, I read 12 books.

The Overdue Life of Amy Byler -Kelly Harms


I really enjoyed this book. I read her other novels this month as well. I loved that the main character was a librarian. The plot, the characters... I loved it all. I rated this book 4 stars on Goodreads.com.

Outsider -Linda Castillo


This is book 12 in the Amish mystery series. This is my favorite book series. I loved this book just as much as all of the other books in the series. I highly recommend this series if you like suspense novels. I rated this book 5 stars.

The Bright Side of Going Dark -Kelly Harms


This is the latest release from Kelly Harms. I enjoyed this book. I loved the characters and their development throughout the book. I rated this book 3 stars.

The Last House Guest -Megan Miranda


I really enjoyed this mystery novel. I want to read her other books now. The mystery in this novel kept me guessing until the very end and I did not expect it to end the way it did. I rated this book 4 stars.

The Dilemma -B.A. Paris

This was another great novel that I read this month. I liked the plot and story line and thought it was really original. This book was a little sad though so keep that in mind if you don't want to read anything sad right now. I rated this book 4 stars.

No Offense -Meg Cabot


Meg Cabot is one of my favorite authors (although I have quite a few). I loved this book so much that I think I read it in one or two days. I loved the story line, the setting (the same as her novel from last year called No Judgements). I highly recommend this novel. I rated it 5 stars.

The Lies That Bind -Emily Giffin


Emily Giffin is another favorite author of mine. I loved this book so much. This book was really sad in some aspects for me because it was based around the events that happened on September 11, 2001. The whole book wasn't about that though so I hope that doesn't turn you off. This is another novel that I highly recommend. I rated this book 5 stars.

In Case You Missed It -Lindsey Kelk


I love Lindsey Kelk and her writing and novels and this novel was no different. I really enjoyed this book even though it was a little predictable. I rated this book 3 stars.

The Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane -Kelly Harms


I had a hard time getting into this novel but once I did, I did enjoy it. I loved the characters and the setting. I rated this book 3 stars.

The Matchmakers of Minnow Bay -Kelly Harms


I really loved this book. The characters, the plot, the setting... I loved it all. I highly recommend this novel. I rated this book 4 stars.

What You Wish For -Katherine Center


This is Katherine Center's latest release. I really loved this book. This book was so enjoyable. I loved the setting, the story line, and especially the characters. I highly recommend this novel as well. I rated this book 5 stars.

Party of Two -Jasmine Guillory


This is the latest release from Jasmine Guillory. I loved this book so much. The characters and the story line are what made me love this book so much. Another book I read this book that I would highly recommend. I rated this book 4 stars.

Comments

  1. Nice month of reading! I'm glad you enjoyed most of these. I'm curious about No Offense. I do love Meg Cabot.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I really recommend that book. It's so good.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed What You Wish For & The Lies that Bind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You read some good books this month! I enjoyed What You Wish For, The Overdue Life and The Bright Side of Going Dark. The Dilemma and The Last House Guest are on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. Yes, I did read some good ones this month. I hope you enjoy The Dilemma and The Last House Guest.

      Delete
  4. I liked Amy Byler and The Bright Side of Going Dark, and Katherine Center is always reliable for a solid read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them. Yes, she's one of my favorite authors as well. Thank you for the comment.

      Delete
  5. What a good reading month! I really enjoyed the Emily Giffin book as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment! It was a great book, wasn't it?

      Delete
  6. This is my favorite of Megan Miranda's books. The Katherine Center is the least favorite of the three I've read though! I'm glad you had a stellar reading month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment. This was the first Megan Miranda book I read and I definitely want to read more. I loved the Katherine Center book. I think my least favorite book of her's was The Lost Husband but I love the Netflix movie. It was one of those rare times when I love the movie more than the book.

      Delete
  7. The Bright Side of Going Dark sounds curious. I already have a hold on a Katherine Center book from the library - if only I could get caught up enough to read 'for fun.' Thanks for sharing and enjoy your month :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amish mystery series sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good. They are really quick and easy reads too. Thank you for the comment.

      Delete
  9. I liked how Katherine Center co-mingled Joy and grief in What You Wish For. It was a tough subject that she handled well.

    Here are my recent reads, if interested! https://elle-alice.blogspot.com/2020/08/august-book-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did too! Thank you for the comment. I'm going to check out your post now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm