Skip to main content

Books Read in November 2019

I'm linking up with Jana & Steph for the Show Us Your Books Link-up!

The Wedding Party -Jasmine Guillory


I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite book by Jasmine Guillory but it was still enjoyable. I rated this book 2 out of 5 stars on Goodreads.

Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy: A Graphic Novel: A Modern Retelling of Little Women -Rey Terciero


I love the original Little Women. This book was good but I was left hoping for more from it. I read it in a day. Since it's a graphic novel, it was a really quick read. I rated it 2 stars.

The Gift of Happiness -Holly Martin


I love Holly Martin's Christmas novels. This novel did not disappoint. I loved it so much and I highly recommend it if you like Christmas novels. I rated it 4 stars.

Christmas At Silver Falls -Jenny Hale


Jenny Hale is another author whose Christmas novels I love. This was another great one! Again, if you like Christmas novels, I definitely recommend this novel. I rated it 4 stars. I have a few more Christmas novels I want to read and I'm sure I will be reading some of these in January, since I can't seem to pull myself away from watching Christmas movies.

The Afterlife of Holly Chase -Cynthia Hand


This is a modern re-telling of A Christmas Carol told from a young woman's perspective. I love the original A Christmas Carol novel (so much so that I took a Charles Dickens class in college and loved it) and this book was a fresh take on it and I really enjoyed it. I loved that it was told from a young woman's perspective instead of a grown man or grown woman. I would highly recommend this book. I rated it 4 stars.

Royal Holiday -Jasmine Guillory


I really enjoyed this book. Like, The Wedding Party, it wasn't my favorite Jasmine Guillory novel (that one would be The Wedding Date *book 1 in this series*) but I still enjoyed it a lot. I loved the setting and the characters in this novel a lot. I rated it 3 stars.

Get A Life, Chloe Brown -Talia Hibbert


I had really high hopes for this novel but it just didn't hit the mark for me. I'm still glad that I read it (especially since there is a second novel coming out). There are 3 sisters in this book and the first novel is told from Talia's perspective. The second one is told from another sister's perspective and I'm guessing there will be a third novel told from the third sister's perspective. The second novel is coming out in mid 2020. Even though this book wasn't the best, I did still enjoy parts of it. I rated it 2 stars.

My two favorite books I read this month: The Gift of Happiness by Holly Martin & Christmas At Silver Falls by Jenny Hale.
My least favorite book this month: Get A Life, Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert.

What books did you read this month? What was your favorite book you read in November?

Comments

  1. I have The Wedding Date and haven't read it yet. I am sorry you didn't like Chloe Brown! I'll be reading that one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wedding Date is my favorite one (like I said). I hope you love it just as much. I'll be interested to hear what you think about Chloe Brown. Thank you for stopping by my blog and the comment. :)

      Delete
  2. The Afterlife of Holly Chase and Get A Life are both on my TBR, sorry to hear that they weren't you favorites. I still need to read the original Little Women! Hoping to read it during Christmas break because for some reason it just gives me holiday/winter vibes (and I want to see the movie). I hadn't heard of The Gift of Happiness but it sounds super cute, definitely adding it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. I want to re-read Little Women and see the movie too. Yes, I highly recommend all of Jenny Hale's and Holly Martin's Christmas books. I life The Afterlife of Holly Chase, I rated it 4 stars on Goodreads.

      Delete
  3. The Afterlife of Holly Chase sounds like the one I would like best :) I'll have to add that to my TBR list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good read and I loved that it was told from a women's perspective. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for the comment! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm