Skip to main content

2017 Survey

1. What did you do in 2017 that you'd never done before?
I got a full time job at a daycare center. I started working there on October 16th.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My cousin, A and my friend, C.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
Not a country but I went to Turks & Caicos at the end of February/beginning of March. 

6. What would you like to have in 2018 that you lacked in 2017?
Nothing that I can think of.

7. What date(s) from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 25 & 26: I was in NY visiting family.
February 27-March 4th: Trip to Turks & Caicos.
April 20th-April 23: Nashville, TN for Planners Gone Wild National Planner Conference.
August 13-August 21: Trip to NY to visit family.
September 27: Found out that I got the full time job I applied for.
October 16: First day of work at my new job at the daycare!
December 8th-10th: Stone Mountain, GA for the Winter Planner Land conference.
All of the time I spent with my mom and my friends!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a full time job, and getting through the year being in constant pain due to my hip.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn’t really have any big failures. I was disappointed to not find any relief for my hip pain despite countless doctor visits, PT, and other things.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
I purchased a lot of planner stickers & supplies, great books, gifts for my family members for birthdays & Christmas.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom

12. Where did most of your money go?
Planner stickers & supplies, Books, bills, groceries, Christmas & birthday presents for my family & friends. 

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting a full time job working with children, my trip to NY in August, all of the trips I took this year and all of the planner meet ups I attended.

14. What song will always remind you of 2017?
In Case You Didn't Know -Brett Young & God Bless This Mess –Jillian Jacqueline

15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I was able to go to NY more often to visit and spend time with my family.

16. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it at home. I couldn't go out due to being in a lot of pain with my hip.

17. Did you fall in love in 2017?
No.

18. What was your favorite TV program?
I love a lot of shows but my favorites are Chicago PD/Fire/Med/Justice and The Good Doctor. 

19. What was the best book you read?
Here are my top 5 favorites out of the 50 books I read this year: Wonder –R.J. Palacio, The Girl Before -J.P. Delaney, Shaken -Tim Tebow, Down A Dark Road -Linda Castillo, Once & For All -Sarah Dessen.

20. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Brett Young, Luke Combs, Russell Dickerson, Jillian Jacqueline.

21. What did you want and get?
A full time job working with children.

22. What did you want and not get?
I wanted to go back to visit my family in NY more often than I did. I also wanted to attend at least 1 Mets game.

23. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'm not sure. I loved a bunch of movies.

24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31 on December 31st! I celebrated with my mom. We went out to lunch and did some shopping. I was still sick with double ear infections & sinus infection so we didn’t spend the whole day out. It was also one of the first times I didn’t stay up until midnight to watch the ball drop.

25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Spending more time in NY with my family.

26. What kept you sane?
My best friend: my mom, my family, my planner friends, my furbabies: Davey Eli & Pumpkin, the planner community.

27. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
David Wright, JJ Redick, Eric Decker, Paul Wesley

28. Who was the best new person you met?
Planner friends, my bosses & co-workers at my new job!

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2017:
“I will choose to find joy in the journey that God has set before me.” –I found this quote on Pinterest and I love it because I did have a lot of health and pain issues in 2017 and I always tried to remember this when I felt really down about it.

30. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“And no matter what dreams you're chasing
Never get above your raising
And may the simple things be amazing
On the journey of your life”

-The Journey of Your Life by Jake Owen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm