Skip to main content

Books Read in May 2019

After only reading 1 book in April, I made up for it in May and read 8 books.

 Sailing Lessons –Hannah McKinnon


I love Hannah McKinnon and this was her latest novel. I really enjoyed this book and I rated it 4 stars. I would definitely recommend this book although it is very sad too.

When Dimple Met Rishi - Sandhya Menon


This was the second book by Sandhya Menon (I actually just picked up her latest release from the library) I've read and I really liked it. It was a fun, easy to read, YA book. I rated it 4 stars.

Surviving and Thriving with an Invisible Chronic Illness: How to Stay Sane and Live One Step Ahead of Your Symptoms –Ilana Jacqueline


I didn't read this book cover to cover but I skimmed it and learned some new things. I rated this book 3 stars.

Confessions of a Domestic Failure –Bunmi Laditan


I enjoyed this book so much and I really hope this author comes out with more books because I found her to be really great writer. I thought this book was really cute and funny. I rated this book 4 stars.

The Wedding Date –Jasmine Guillory


I loved this book so much and I'm excited to read the next two books in the series (The Proposal and The Wedding Date, the latter of which comes out this Summer)! I'm pretty sure that this is my favorite book of the year so far. I rated it 5 stars. A really fun book and I actually read it in one day!

Someone to Love –Melissa de la Cruz


I really enjoyed this book by Melissa de la Cruz. She's a great YA author and I definitely recommend checking her out. I rated this book 4 stars.

The Family Next Door –Sally Hepworth


This was the first novel by Sally Hepworth that I read and I really liked it. I rated it 4 stars. I am on the wait-list at the library for her latest novel, The Mother-In-Law and I have her other novels on my TBR list.

My Oxford Year –Julia Whelan



I had really high hopes for this novel but I honestly was bored for the majority of it. It picked up during the last 150 pages. Towards the end, the book took a sad turn but I'm glad it ended the way it did. I really wanted to love this book more but I really didn't. I rated it 2 stars.

I'm currently reading Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty.

What did you read in May? What has been your favorite book you read so far this year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm

What's Up Wednesday: January 2024 Edition

What We're Eating This Week... Monday. Takeout: salad & cheesy bread Tuesday: Meatloaf, baked mac & cheese, acorn squash Wednesday: Leftovers of meatloaf and baked mac & cheese and a vegetable What I'm Reminiscing About... My two trips to the Caribbean that both happened in February. One was in 2011 and the other was in 2018 I believe. I love the Caribbean ocean so much and I wish it was closer to where I live so that I could swim in it more often. What I'm Loving... Watching the football playoffs. One game left of the season in February.. the big game. It will be the Kansas City Chiefs vs. the San Francisco 49er's. What I've Been Up To... I've been doing the usual: planning/filming for my YT channel, reading, watching football/tv/movies and Youtube. What I'm Dreading... Nothing I want to talk about. What I'm Working On... Filming for my Youtube channel and working on my February content schedule. What I'm Excited About... Football playof