Skip to main content

Five on Friday


1. Halloween Recap

As mentioned in my previous post, I spent last weekend in NY. I squeezed a lot of fun stuff in a short amount of time, especially on Halloween. I saw my sister/best friend C, niece A, nephew M, BIL A, and fur niece T in the morning. We went to my niece's soccer game where she scored her first goal of the season and this super proud, loud, & crazy aunt went nuts when that happened as did the soccer star's wonderful mom. We were very surprised that we didn't wake up my nephew who was sleeping in his stroller. After the game, I was able to spend some more time with them before heading on to my next adventure of the day: seeing my sister/best friend K, nephew M, niece O, BIL M, fur nephew S, & fur nephew B. I went trick or treating with my niece which was a lot of fun. I haven't been to NY in Halloween for a few years so it was really nice to be able to be in  NY for the holiday. My nephew, niece, and I played Scrabble. My niece & nephew are super smart and I was really impressed that I came in second place, only 9 points behind my nephew who won! My sister and BIL made a delicious dinner of chicken, potatoes, cauliflower, and salad. My sister, nephew, niece and I went trick or treating at a few more houses before calling it a night. I ended the night watching the Mets World Series Game 4 with my dad.


2. NY Mets in the World Series

The NY Mets made it to the World Series but the Kansas City Royals won the title. The way this season started and was going through mid-July, if you had asked me then if they would be in the World Series, I would honestly had said no. The second half of the season, this team became unstoppable and so powerful. Between getting players back from being injured to the great trades they made, this club stepped up big time. The Mets were amazing in the NLDS & NLCS but they came up short in the World Series. That being said, I'm super proud of how far this team came and I'm damn proud to be a Mets fan! I BLEED ORANGE & BLUE!

Credit: Time.com


3. Erin Condren Orders

I recently made two Erin Condren orders and I'm so excited to receive them! I'm planning on making a Youtube unboxing video as well as a blog post about the items I purchased.

That's all I've got for today. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books Read in February 2022

  The Code For Love & Heartbreak -Jillian Cantor I saw this book on sale for $10 and thought it looked interesting. It was a cute story line. A little repetitive at places but overall I enjoyed it. I rated it 3 stars on the Goodreads website. When Less Becomes More -Emily Ley I love Emily Ley's books and I had the pleasure of meeting her at one of the Wild For Planners Go Wild Planner conferences. She is super sweet! I really enjoy her personal development books. I rated this book 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 4) -Alice Oseman I love this series so much. I love graphic novels and I really wish my library had more of them. I rated this book 4 stars. Bad Moms -Nora McInerny I like this movie (and the sequel A Bad Mom's Christmas) and I saw this at a discount store and I had no idea it was made into a novel. I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite book ever since I knew everything that happened since it stuck very close to the movie. I rated it 3 stars. Life, Unscheduled -K...

Books Read In December 2021 & End of Year Book Survey

  In December, I read 6 books. The first three books I read are apart of a series. The series is called Moose Springs, Alaska by Sarah Morgenthaler. I rated all three of these books 3 stars on the Goodreads website. This was a super cute series. I really enjoyed these books. They were fun, light reads. I think the fourth book in the series comes out in 2021. Book 1: The Tourist Attraction Book 2: Mistletoe & Mr. Right Book 3: Enjoy The View The Holiday Switch -Tif Marcelo I loved this book so much. It was such a cute, fun, and festive read. This is on my list of my favorite books I've read this year. I rated this book 4 stars. The last two books I read this month are also apart of a series. I rated both of them 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 1) & Heartstopper (Volume 2) -Alice Oseman Top 10 Favorite Books of the Year: 1.       Malibu Rising –Taylor Jenkins Reid 2.               ...

Books Read In November 2020

  In November, I read 5 books. Three are new to me and 2 are re-reads. All images are from Goodreads except the first photo is from Amazon. Love Your Life -Sophie Kinsella I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite novel of Sophie Kinsella's but I still recommend it and I did enjoy it. I rated this book 3 stars on Goodreads.com. Christmas At Fireside Cabins -Jenny Hale Another great Christmas novel from Jenny Hale. I highly recommend all of her Christmas books. The story, the setting, the characters... are just so sweet and fun. I rated this book 4 stars. In A Holidaze -Christina Lauren This is my first time reading a book from Christina Lauren and I loved it. I have the rest of their books on my TBR list. I really enjoyed this book. It had a really interesting plot and I loved the characters and the setting so much. I rated this book 4 stars. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -Rachel Cohn & David Levithan I re-read this book and I loved it just as much as reading it th...