Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday: January 2026 Edition

 





What We're Eating This Week...

Monday: Pot stickers, rice, veggies
Tuesday: Chicken, sweet potato pie
Wednesday: Pasta & meatballs
Thursday: Leftovers
I'm not sure about the rest of the week.

What I'm Reminiscing About...

The two trips I took to the Caribbean. I wish I could afford to go to the Caribbean every year because I love the Caribbean ocean so much.


What I'm Loving...

Spending time with my mom, spending time with my cats, watching sports.

What I've Been Up To...

Watching lots of sports (NFL football, college football, NBA basketball), reading, watching TV & movies with my mom, filming for my YouTube channel.

What I'm Dreading...

I always get the blues in January because Christmas and the holiday season go by so fast. To cheer myself up a bit, I make Christmas last as long as possible. I give my Christmas playlist another listen in January, I still watch Christmas movies in January and February, I read a few Christmas books in January. I leave the 4 ft' tree on my desk in my room up until late February/early March because it brings me so much joy.

Credit: Pippi Post

What I'm Working On...

Organizing and decluttering in my room. I'm also working on my content schedule for YouTube for the first quarter of the year.

What I'm Excited About...

NFL playoffs. Sadly, the team I root for, the Buffalo Bills, lost in the AFC Divisional Round.

Credit: Callie Danielle

What I'm Watching/Reading...

Watching: TV shows including the new season of The Pitt, NFL, college football, NBA basketball
Reading: I've read 4 books this month and I'm hoping to squeeze one more in before the month is over. I will have a blog post up soon about the books I read in January.


What I'm Listening To...

I gave my Christmas playlist one last listen. I've also been listening to Morgan Wallen, Benson Boone, and Zach Bryan.

What I'm Doing This Weekend...

I have some cleaning to do but other than that I have no plans.

What I'm Looking Forward To Next Month...

My brother and nephew have birthdays next month. My fur baby, Davey Eli, has a birthday next month. I'm also looking forward to the Superbowl even though my team is not in it. Other things I'm looking forward to next month: Valentine's Day and the new season of Survivor starts.

Comments

  1. Ooo, those ocean photos are so pretty. *-*

    I love the idea of making Christmas last as long as possible too! We still have a tiny little fake tree up. (I feel like the little lights/its existence do help to make winter better. :] )

    Best of luck on decluttering/organizing! I really need to do that too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting. I loved both of my trips there.

      I had to take my tree down last week because the lights stopped working, otherwise I would still have it up. I have to get a new one for this year.

      Thank you so much! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books Read in February 2022

  The Code For Love & Heartbreak -Jillian Cantor I saw this book on sale for $10 and thought it looked interesting. It was a cute story line. A little repetitive at places but overall I enjoyed it. I rated it 3 stars on the Goodreads website. When Less Becomes More -Emily Ley I love Emily Ley's books and I had the pleasure of meeting her at one of the Wild For Planners Go Wild Planner conferences. She is super sweet! I really enjoy her personal development books. I rated this book 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 4) -Alice Oseman I love this series so much. I love graphic novels and I really wish my library had more of them. I rated this book 4 stars. Bad Moms -Nora McInerny I like this movie (and the sequel A Bad Mom's Christmas) and I saw this at a discount store and I had no idea it was made into a novel. I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite book ever since I knew everything that happened since it stuck very close to the movie. I rated it 3 stars. Life, Unscheduled -K...

Books Read In December 2021 & End of Year Book Survey

  In December, I read 6 books. The first three books I read are apart of a series. The series is called Moose Springs, Alaska by Sarah Morgenthaler. I rated all three of these books 3 stars on the Goodreads website. This was a super cute series. I really enjoyed these books. They were fun, light reads. I think the fourth book in the series comes out in 2021. Book 1: The Tourist Attraction Book 2: Mistletoe & Mr. Right Book 3: Enjoy The View The Holiday Switch -Tif Marcelo I loved this book so much. It was such a cute, fun, and festive read. This is on my list of my favorite books I've read this year. I rated this book 4 stars. The last two books I read this month are also apart of a series. I rated both of them 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 1) & Heartstopper (Volume 2) -Alice Oseman Top 10 Favorite Books of the Year: 1.       Malibu Rising –Taylor Jenkins Reid 2.               ...

Books Read In November 2020

  In November, I read 5 books. Three are new to me and 2 are re-reads. All images are from Goodreads except the first photo is from Amazon. Love Your Life -Sophie Kinsella I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite novel of Sophie Kinsella's but I still recommend it and I did enjoy it. I rated this book 3 stars on Goodreads.com. Christmas At Fireside Cabins -Jenny Hale Another great Christmas novel from Jenny Hale. I highly recommend all of her Christmas books. The story, the setting, the characters... are just so sweet and fun. I rated this book 4 stars. In A Holidaze -Christina Lauren This is my first time reading a book from Christina Lauren and I loved it. I have the rest of their books on my TBR list. I really enjoyed this book. It had a really interesting plot and I loved the characters and the setting so much. I rated this book 4 stars. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -Rachel Cohn & David Levithan I re-read this book and I loved it just as much as reading it th...