Skip to main content

My Month Is Booked: August 2024 Edition

 

Here are the books I read in July 2024:


Vacationland –Meg Mitchell Moore

My Rating: 4 stars

This story focuses on two women and how their lives interconnect in an unexpected way. I really enjoyed this book. I love this author's writing.

 

The Islanders –Meg Mitchell Moore

My Rating: 4 stars

This book focuses on the story of three people: Anthony Puckett, Joy Sousa, and Lu Trusdale. Goodreads says “Over the twelve short weeks of summer, these three strangers will meet and grow close, will share secrets and bury lies. And as the promise of June turns into the chilly nights of August, the truth will come out, forcing each of them to decide what they value most, and what they are willing to give up to keep it.” I really enjoyed this book. I have three more books to read of this author and then I will have read all of her books that have been published so far.

 

One summer on Mackinac –Alana Robin

My Rating: 5 stars

This novel focuses on Ariella and her last summer before she goes off to college. She ends up working on Mackinac Island in Michigan. I loved this story so much and this is the author’s debut novel. I can’t wait to read more of her work. This book also had me wanting to visit Mackinac Island so bad! I just looked up pictures on Google and it looks absolutely stunning.

 

The Burning –Linda Castillo

My Rating: 5 stars

This is the 16th novel in the Kate Burkholder series. I love this series so much and I devour each novel.  These novels are told from the point of view of Kate Burkholder, formerly Amish, who is the Chief of Police in the town she was raised. I cannot rave enough about this Amish mystery series.

 

The Summer Pact –Emily Giffin

My Rating: 4 stars

I think this is the first Emily Giffin I didn’t love from start to finish. I didn’t like two of the main characters that much until the end of the book. I did like the other main character a lot. I loved that this book focused on friendships. I also enjoyed the ending. If Goodreads had a half rating system, I would have given this book 3.5 stars instead of 4.

 

The Summer Club –Hannah McKinnon

My Rating: 5 stars

Another fabulous novel from Hannah McKinnon. I love her novels so much. This story was told from three different POV’s. I loved the relationship between all of the characters and being able to hear 3 POV’s throughout the novel. The setting in this book was so fun and I loved reading all of the descriptions and I could picture it clearly in my mind. I posted on IG about this book and the author and I chatted through DM’s for a little bit and it was a lovely time. I highly recommend reading this book and all of Hannah McKinnon’s novels.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: July 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Eggplant parm. Tuesday: Salad with tuna Wednesday: Pasta with sausage I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to the lake. What I'm Loving... Lots of family time. Watching baseball and the Olympics. What I've Been Up To... We went to a camp resort for a family vacation and it was so much fun! I've been spending lots of time with family. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Excited About... Trip to visit my family (went up in June and came back July 8th), family vacation to camp resort, my nephew N turned 16, watching baseball and the Olympics. I saw Sam Hunt, Russell Dickerson and George Birge in concert and I had the best time. All three guys put on an amazing show! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Baseball, the Olympics, RHONJ, Hallmark. Reading: I read 6 books this month. My reading recap

What's Up Wednesday: September 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Chicken Caesar salad Tuesday: Sausage and ravioli I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Loving... Watching all of the football... high school (my nephew's games get streamed), college, and NFL. What I've Been Up To... I was visiting my family the first two days of the month (I went up for a while in August and came home on the 2nd). My cat had his teeth cleaned and three teeth removed so I've been taking extra special care of him. I've been watching a ton of baseball and football. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... My content schedule for my Youtube channel for the month of October. What I'm Excited About... All of the sports! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: All of the baseball and football, Hallmark movies, and now regular TV shows are starting back including my three favorites on tonight: Chica