Skip to main content

Books Read in October 2022

 



A Very Merry Meet Cute -Julie Murphy & Sierra Simone

(3 stars)


I thought this novel was such a fun concept but I did find the novel to be a little lacking. I can't quite put my finger on it but I found it to be very slow at some parts. I did still enjoy it but it's not a novel I'll want to re-read every year at Christmas. I loved that the main character was a plus size woman, that was very refreshing to see.Warning: it was a very steamy novel so if you're not into that kind of novel, I'd skip this one.

All I Want For Christmas -Maggie Knox

(4 stars)


First off, how cute is that cover? I really enjoyed this novel and would love to see a sequel (although most Christmas novels I read and I've read a ton of them don't seem to have sequels). I enjoyed the relationship between the main characters and the story line a-lot.

Meet Me Under The Mistletoe -Jenny Bayliss

(3 stars)


I enjoyed this book a lot although there were some parts I didn't enjoy which is why I decided to rate it a 3 star book instead of giving it 4 stars. I liked the relationship between the two main characters and I loved the setting. I do recommend this novel as well as her other novel The Twelve Dates of Christmas which I read last year.

A Cat Café Christmas -Codi Gary

(5 stars)

 

A novel featuring Christmas and cats? Sign me up! I loved this novel so much and I added it to the list of books I want to purchase in the future (I rented it from the library). I really enjoyed everything about this book. I loved that it featured lots of talk about cats. I loved the relationship between the main characters and the relationship between the main characters and their friends. I highly recommend this book if you're looking for a fun and festive read.

So This Is Christmas -Jenny Holiday

(3 stars)


I found the beginning chapters of this book to be hard to get through as I felt bored but after that I did enjoy the novel. I liked the relationship between the two main characters but it isn't a novel that I would read again.

Once Upon a December -Amy E. Reichert

(4 stars)


I enjoyed this novel so much. I thought the storyline was so unique and refreshing. I loved the relationship between the main characters. I also loved the relationship between the female main character and her friends as well as the relationship between the male main character and his family and community. I will definitely read this novel again.

Do you like to read seasonal and festive novels? What have been some of your favorite holiday themed novels?

Comments

  1. I enjoy seasonal/festive novels, but I haven't started reading any this year yet! What Light by Jay Asher and 10 Blind Dates by Ashley Elston were two of my faves, and I really enjoyed The Twelve Dates of Christmas too! Once Upon a December sounds right up my alley- definitely adding that one to my list, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 10 Blind Dates on my TBR. I hope you love Once Upon A December as much as I did. It was a really unique storyline and I think that's why I loved it so much. Thank you so much for commenting.

      Delete
  2. I have just started requesting holiday books from our library and I am so happy to see so many suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing all these. I have a lot of holiday/Christmas themed books I want to read this year. I got A Cat Café Christmas that I plan to buddy read with a couple friends so that's great to see you loved it so much.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that this comment is late. I could have sworn I replied to it. I hope you enjoy A Cat Café Christmas as much as I did. That's so fun that you're reading it with a friend. It made me want to go out and adopt all the cats. lol.

      Delete
  4. These are so festive - I haven't read any of them yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were good. I'm sorry this reply is so late, I'm just now seeing this comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books Read in February 2022

  The Code For Love & Heartbreak -Jillian Cantor I saw this book on sale for $10 and thought it looked interesting. It was a cute story line. A little repetitive at places but overall I enjoyed it. I rated it 3 stars on the Goodreads website. When Less Becomes More -Emily Ley I love Emily Ley's books and I had the pleasure of meeting her at one of the Wild For Planners Go Wild Planner conferences. She is super sweet! I really enjoy her personal development books. I rated this book 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 4) -Alice Oseman I love this series so much. I love graphic novels and I really wish my library had more of them. I rated this book 4 stars. Bad Moms -Nora McInerny I like this movie (and the sequel A Bad Mom's Christmas) and I saw this at a discount store and I had no idea it was made into a novel. I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite book ever since I knew everything that happened since it stuck very close to the movie. I rated it 3 stars. Life, Unscheduled -K...

Books Read In December 2021 & End of Year Book Survey

  In December, I read 6 books. The first three books I read are apart of a series. The series is called Moose Springs, Alaska by Sarah Morgenthaler. I rated all three of these books 3 stars on the Goodreads website. This was a super cute series. I really enjoyed these books. They were fun, light reads. I think the fourth book in the series comes out in 2021. Book 1: The Tourist Attraction Book 2: Mistletoe & Mr. Right Book 3: Enjoy The View The Holiday Switch -Tif Marcelo I loved this book so much. It was such a cute, fun, and festive read. This is on my list of my favorite books I've read this year. I rated this book 4 stars. The last two books I read this month are also apart of a series. I rated both of them 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 1) & Heartstopper (Volume 2) -Alice Oseman Top 10 Favorite Books of the Year: 1.       Malibu Rising –Taylor Jenkins Reid 2.               ...

Books Read In November 2020

  In November, I read 5 books. Three are new to me and 2 are re-reads. All images are from Goodreads except the first photo is from Amazon. Love Your Life -Sophie Kinsella I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite novel of Sophie Kinsella's but I still recommend it and I did enjoy it. I rated this book 3 stars on Goodreads.com. Christmas At Fireside Cabins -Jenny Hale Another great Christmas novel from Jenny Hale. I highly recommend all of her Christmas books. The story, the setting, the characters... are just so sweet and fun. I rated this book 4 stars. In A Holidaze -Christina Lauren This is my first time reading a book from Christina Lauren and I loved it. I have the rest of their books on my TBR list. I really enjoyed this book. It had a really interesting plot and I loved the characters and the setting so much. I rated this book 4 stars. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -Rachel Cohn & David Levithan I re-read this book and I loved it just as much as reading it th...