Skip to main content

Books Read in July 2022

 



The Agathas -Kathleen Glasgow & Liz Lawson

(My Rating: 4 stars)


I really enjoyed this book. I found this book either through IG (I follow a lot of book accounts on there) or a blog. I thought it was a very interesting story line. It was a mystery without being scary or gory which my over-active imagination and anxiety always really appreciate!


Flying Solo -Linda Holmes

(My Rating: 2 stars)


I had such high hopes for this novel because I absolutely loved the author's debut novel (Evvie Drake Starts Over), which I highly recommend. However, I was highly disappointed by this novel. While I did like the main character, I just couldn't get into this novel. I'm glad I finished it and I did enjoy how the author wrapped up the story.


Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between -Jennifer E. Smith

(My Rating: 3 stars)


I enjoyed this novel a lot. I liked the characters and the storyline. This book was made into a Netflix movie and right after I finished the novel, I watched the movie. I thought the movie was really good too.


The Library of Lost Things -Laura Taylor Namey 

(My Rating: 4 stars)


I loved this novel a lot. I really loved the relationship between the main character and her best friend. I also loved the development of the relationship between the main character and her love interest. I highly recommend this novel.


The Hidden One -Linda Castillo
(Novel #14 in the Kate Burkholder series)

(My Rating: 5 stars)


I absolutely love this mystery series so much. I hope the author continues to write many more books for this series. This series focus on the main character, Kate Burkholder, who is formerly Amish and is a the Chief of Police in the town in which she grew up. If you like mystery series', I highly recommend this one. I never really read mystery novels until I started to read this series. The first novel was made into a Lifetime movie and after watching (and loving) the movie, I realized it was a book. By then, I think there was 3 or 4 books in the series and I devoured them and have been hooked ever since. I really wish they did a movie based on each book in the series.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm