Skip to main content

Books Read in May 2022

 


This link-up doesn't go live until Tuesday but I will be out of town. However, I still wanted to get my post up.

All The Right Reasons -Bethany Mangle
 (My Rating: 4 stars)


This book is super adorable. First off, how pretty is that cover? I loved this book, the theme, the characters, the relationship between the mother and daughter. If you love YA novels, I highly recommend this book.

Puddin' -Julie Murphy (Dumplin #2) 
(My Rating: 4 stars)


I really enjoyed this book and I really love Julie Murphy's style of writing. There's something about it that just pulls me in. I know she's not a new author but I had not read any of her work until April of this year. 

Pumpkin -Julie Murphy (Dumplin' #3) 
(My Rating: 3 stars)


This is the third book in the Dumplin' series. While I didn't enjoy this book as much as the other two books in this series, I still liked it and would recommend it especially if you're a fan of the author.

Book Lovers -Emily Henry
 (My Rating: 5 stars)


This was the first novel I read by Emily Henry and it blew me away. I loved this book so much. I loved the theme and the main characters so much. Spoiler alert: This book earned a spot on my top 10 favorite books I've read this year.

By the Book -Jasmine Guillory
 (My Rating: 4 stars)


This novel is the second book in the Meant To Be series which takes classic Disney fairytales and makes them into modern day stories. (The first one, If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy was about the fairytale Cinderella and I read that in April). I enjoyed this book a lot and I'm definitely looking forward to more books in this "series".

Birds of California -Katie Cotugno 
(My Rating: 4 stars)


Katie Cotugno is one of my favorite YA authors and I was so excited to read a new book from her. I haven't read a book of hers' that I haven't loved. While this wasn't my favorite book that I've read of hers', it was still really good and very enjoyable.

Beach Read -Emily Henry
(My Rating: 4 stars)


I really liked this book. It wasn't as good as Book Lovers in my opinion but I still really enjoyed the theme and the characters and would recommend it.

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed Dumplin' and Puddin', but had 0 interest in Pumpkin...happy that I don't feel like I am missing out! I have Book Lovers and am really looking forward to reading it soon! What was your fave by Katie Cotugno? I've heard the name but never read her books and YA is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite book of Katie Cotugno is How To Love which was her debut novel. I rated that one 5 stars. All of her books are great though! I hope you love Book Lovers!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books Read in February 2022

  The Code For Love & Heartbreak -Jillian Cantor I saw this book on sale for $10 and thought it looked interesting. It was a cute story line. A little repetitive at places but overall I enjoyed it. I rated it 3 stars on the Goodreads website. When Less Becomes More -Emily Ley I love Emily Ley's books and I had the pleasure of meeting her at one of the Wild For Planners Go Wild Planner conferences. She is super sweet! I really enjoy her personal development books. I rated this book 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 4) -Alice Oseman I love this series so much. I love graphic novels and I really wish my library had more of them. I rated this book 4 stars. Bad Moms -Nora McInerny I like this movie (and the sequel A Bad Mom's Christmas) and I saw this at a discount store and I had no idea it was made into a novel. I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite book ever since I knew everything that happened since it stuck very close to the movie. I rated it 3 stars. Life, Unscheduled -K...

Books Read In December 2021 & End of Year Book Survey

  In December, I read 6 books. The first three books I read are apart of a series. The series is called Moose Springs, Alaska by Sarah Morgenthaler. I rated all three of these books 3 stars on the Goodreads website. This was a super cute series. I really enjoyed these books. They were fun, light reads. I think the fourth book in the series comes out in 2021. Book 1: The Tourist Attraction Book 2: Mistletoe & Mr. Right Book 3: Enjoy The View The Holiday Switch -Tif Marcelo I loved this book so much. It was such a cute, fun, and festive read. This is on my list of my favorite books I've read this year. I rated this book 4 stars. The last two books I read this month are also apart of a series. I rated both of them 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 1) & Heartstopper (Volume 2) -Alice Oseman Top 10 Favorite Books of the Year: 1.       Malibu Rising –Taylor Jenkins Reid 2.               ...

Books Read In November 2020

  In November, I read 5 books. Three are new to me and 2 are re-reads. All images are from Goodreads except the first photo is from Amazon. Love Your Life -Sophie Kinsella I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite novel of Sophie Kinsella's but I still recommend it and I did enjoy it. I rated this book 3 stars on Goodreads.com. Christmas At Fireside Cabins -Jenny Hale Another great Christmas novel from Jenny Hale. I highly recommend all of her Christmas books. The story, the setting, the characters... are just so sweet and fun. I rated this book 4 stars. In A Holidaze -Christina Lauren This is my first time reading a book from Christina Lauren and I loved it. I have the rest of their books on my TBR list. I really enjoyed this book. It had a really interesting plot and I loved the characters and the setting so much. I rated this book 4 stars. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -Rachel Cohn & David Levithan I re-read this book and I loved it just as much as reading it th...