Skip to main content

Books Read in July 2021

 


First, I wanted to share the link to my June Books Read blog post. I was out of town when the link went live and missed out on sharing the post during the link-up.

All book covers on this post are from the Goodreads website unless otherwise mentioned.

In July, I read 5 books.

Take Me Home Tonight -Morgan Matson

Credit: Amazon

Morgan Matson is one of my favorite Young Adult authors. I love her writing and this book was no exception. I also love the cover so much. If you love YA, I highly recommend reading Morgan Matson's novels. I rated this book 4 stars.

Fallen -Linda Castillo (Kate Burkholder #13)


This is one of my favorite book series'. This novel is book #13 in the series and I highly recommend it. It's an Amish mystery series and it's so good!! I read these novels so quickly because they are so hard for me to put down. I really hope this series continues for a long time and I know I will be very sad when it ends. I rated this book 5 stars.

Tweet Cute -Emma Lord


This book was so good. I loved it so much. I think it would make the perfect Netflix movie. While I was reading this book on vacation, I realized my book was misprinted and it was missing 33 pages. I was able to exchange it when I got home. The characters, plot, setting... I loved it all and highly recommend. I rated it 4 stars.

We Are The Wildcats -Siobhan Vivian


I really enjoyed this book. My niece plays lacrosse and she's going to borrow it because I think she'd really like it. I enjoyed that this novel was told from different viewpoints of the girls' on the team. I rated this book 3 stars.

Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up With Me -Mariko Tamaki


This is a graphic novel. It was cute but it was kind of repetitive. I rated it 2 stars. I really like graphic novels but my local library system doesn't have a lot of the ones I want to read and I don't like purchasing them because I read them in one day and I feel like it's a waste of money.

Comments

  1. Bummer about Laura Dean. I do love graphic novels!

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It wasn't bad or anything like that but it just wasn't as good as I was hoping.

      Delete
  2. I also loved Tweet Cute! I read another book by that author that I didn't enjoy as much but this was a winner for me. The others sound great as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I read her book You Have A Match this month and it was okay but wasn't the best.

      Delete
  3. I can't get into graphic novels. I sometimes wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read a ton but I've enjoyed most of the ones I've read.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm