Skip to main content

Books Read in October 2019

I'm linking up with Jana & Steph for the Show Us Your Books Link-up!

Big Sexy Love by Kirsty Greenwood


I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite book I've ever read (I rated it 3 stars on Goodreads), but I still enjoyed it. I want to read this author's other books so I added them to my TBR (to be read) list.

No Judgments by Meg Cabot


I adore Meg Cabot and her novels. She is one of my favorite authors. I really liked this book and would definitely recommend it, especially if you are a fan of Meg Cabot's work. I rated this book 4 stars.

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult


Jodi Picoult is another favorite author of mine. I really liked this book. Sometimes I can have trouble keeping up with her books because of all the different characters and how the chapters are told from the different characters' points of view. I rated this book 3 stars.

How Hard Can It Be? by Allison Pearson


I loved this book a lot. This is a sequel to the author's novel I Don't Know How She Does It and takes place years later when the main character's kids are teenagers. The first novel was made into a movie and I love the movie as well. Both of these books were very fun reads and I highly recommend them both. I rated this book 5 stars.

Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella


Another fantastic novel in the Shopaholic series. I love this series so much. Sophie Kinsella is one of my favorite authors and I was so excited to find out that she was writing a new book in the Shopaholic series based around the Christmas holiday. I think I read this book in 2 days because I just couldn't put it down. I rated this book 5 stars on Goodreads.

Pumpkin Heads by Rainbow Rowell & Faith Erin Hicks


I enjoyed this graphic novel. After reading this book, I read two more graphic novels (one in October and one in November) and I hope to read a lot more in the future. I rated this book 3 stars.

Friends With Boys by Faith Erin Hicks


While I enjoyed this graphic novel, it wasn't one of my favorite books. I still would recommend it as I liked the story line and the ending a lot. I rated it 2 stars.

25 Days 'Til Christmas -Poppy Alexander


I really enjoyed the ending of this novel as it had a happy ending but the majority of the story was pretty depressing and while I can read other novels that are depressing, I really don't like for Christmas novels that I read to be depressing. I hope that makes sense. I rated this book 2 stars on Goodreads.

My favorite book I read this month: Christmas Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
My second favorite book I read this month: How Hard Can It Be? by Allison Pearson
My least favorite book I read this month: Friends With Boys by Faith Erin Hicks

What books did you read this month? What was your favorite book you read in October?

Comments

  1. I used to love Meg Cabot but I haven't read anything of hers in ages, I think I'll have to add No Judgments to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have to read the other shopaholic books to read this one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you do. You might not be as familiar with the characters, but I still think you could read it and enjoy it without reading the other novels the series. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  3. I need to read Pumpkin Heads, but hopefully in the next day or so. I haven't read any of the Shopaholic books but the Christmas one sounds fun.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin Heads was a good novel and since it's a graphic novel, it's a pretty quick read. Yes, Christmas Shopaholic is definitely a fun novel. Thank you for the comment.

      Delete
  4. I am a Picoult fan but I didn't love Spark of Light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't one of my favorite novels she's done by any means but I did enjoy it. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  5. I don't want Christmas books to be depressing either! That's why I'm really wanting to read the new Shopaholic book, but I am a few books behind on the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could still read the new book without having read the others. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  6. A Spark of Light is the only Picoult book I have not read but it's on my shelf so soon. I'll get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have I think 8 books left of Jodi Picoult's that I need to read but I own a few and the rest are at my local library. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  7. OH I just LOVED Spark of Light!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jodi Picoult is one of my favorite authors, but Spark of Light is one of my least favorite books of hers. I agree that Christmas books should not be depressing! I've put a couple of holiday books on hold to read this upcoming month. I use to read a lot of Meg Cabot but haven't read one of hers in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spark of Light wasn't my favorite book of hers either. Yes, I love holiday books. I just read a really good one this month called The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand and I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  9. I cannot wait to get my hands on Christmas Shopaholic. I'm glad everyone is pretty much giving it good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  10. One of my book groups is reading 25 Days Till Christmas next month. I may have to pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a terrible book by any means but it's not as joyful as I was expecting. Thank you for the comment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm