Skip to main content

Friday Favorites


1. Health Update

While this first thing isn't a favorite, I want to include it anyway. I've been dealing with a lot of ongoing health issues recently and in the past 2 years. I've been diagnosed with hip bursitis and have yet to find any relief for the constant and excruciating pain in my left hip. We have tried countless things to help lessen my pain. I have been to so many doctor's appointments and tried so many things and have yet to find any relief. I also have rheumatoid arthritis and I've been struggling a lot lately between both of these issues. I feel like I'm a burden to lots of people, especially my job and my family. I've been praying so much and reading lots of self help books and trying to do things I enjoy because all of these health issues have left me feeling so depressed, stressed, emotional and beyond worn out. My favorite word is JOY and I'm trying to not let everything that's been happening lately, steal my JOY but sometimes it's very hard.

Credit: Heather Stillufsen @ This Link

2. Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day, we celebrated at my job by having a class party and a school dance. It was lots of fun for everyone. I received Valentine's gifts from some of my students and it truly touched my heart. My mom gave me a Valentine's Day card and a DVD and my dad sent me a card and a scratch off.

Credit: TheTomKatStudio

3. Davey Eli

My fur-baby, Davey Eli, turned 11 on Valentine's Day. He is such a sweet boy and he brings me so much joy. I just wish he wanted to snuggle more often than he does. Here are some photos of him throughout the years:





4. Books Read in January

In January I read two self help books and I really enjoyed them both:

^At one of my planner conferences, Teresa Collins was the keynote speaker and her speech moved me and inspired me and I immediately purchased her book from her vendor shop after her session. I highly recommend this book.^

^This was the second book I read and I highly recommend this book as well. I loved this book so much and it was so inspiring. I want to read the rest of her novels now.^

5. National Love Your Pet Day

The other day was National Love Your Pet Day and I love my two fur babies, Davey Eli and Pumpkin with all of my heart. Here are some cute pictures of them:

^Pumpkin fell asleep on Davey and he was not happy about it. Two seconds after I took this picture, he jumped off the bed.^




I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm