Skip to main content

Books Read in March, April, & May...

Like I said in my previous post, it's hard for me to post during the week.  Sometimes I put off posting on the weekends too, which is why I have a books read post for you today for the past 3 months.

Books Read in March:

1. Surprise Me -Sophie Kinsella (4 stars)


I love Sophie Kinsella's novels. She is one of my favorite authors and I enjoyed this book just as much as the rest of her novels.

2. What She Knew -Gilly Macmillan (3 stars)



This was a mystery book and while it wasn't my favorite novel, I still enjoyed it.

3. Becoming Ellen -Shari Shattuck (4 stars)



I read Invisible Ellen last year and I knew I had to read this second novel as I enjoyed the first one a lot. If you've ever felt like the odd one out, I highly recommend adding both of these novels to your to be read list.

4. Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) - Sarah Mlynowski (3 stars)


Even though I'm 31, I still enjoy reading young adult novels and I really enjoyed this novel!


Books Read in April:

1. Chaos, Desire, and a Kick-Ass Cupcake -Kyra Davis (3 stars)



This is the 7th novel in the Sophie Katz Murder Mystery series. These books are funny and entertaining and I enjoy them very much.

2. The Woman In The Window -A.J. Finn (4 stars)



This is a great new mystery book and I enjoyed it a lot. If you enjoy reading mysteries then I definitely recommend this book!

3. Girl, Wash Your Face -Rachel Hollis (3 stars)



I love reading self-help/inspirational/inspiring stories and I really enjoyed this book from Rachel Hollis. I wanted to read this book after reading a bunch of blogs that recommended it.

4. Choosing Hope -Kaitlin Roig-DeBellis (5 stars)


As an educator, I felt it imperative to read this novel. Kaitlin Roig-DeBellis was a first grade teacher at Sandy Hook Elementary School when the tragic shooting happened there in 2012. She saved her entire first grade class by hiding herself and her fifteen 6 & 7 year old first grade students by piling them in to a single-occupancy bathroom. Her story and message of hope and faith and compassion is so inspiring and I recommend this book to everyone!

Books Read in May:

1. I Heart Forever -Lindsey Kelk (3 stars)



Lindsey Kelk is one of my favorite authors. This is the 7th novel in her I Heart series and it was such a great read. I read this book on a plane ride to and from (well I finished it 25 minutes into my flight home) my planner conference trip. It was very enjoyable and held my attention!

2. The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo -Amy Schumer (1 star)


I really had high hopes that I would love this book a lot because I like Amy Schumer but I could barely make it through this book. Some chapters were interesting and held my attention, but most chapters, I just wanted to skip. Like I said, I really thought I was going to enjoy this book a lot but it just didn't happen.

3. A Simplified Life -Emily Ley (3 stars)


I love Emily Ley and her brand. I had the pleasure of meeting her at the Go Wild Planner Conference this year and she's such an amazing person. I find her to be an inspiration to me and I really loved her first book (Grace, Not Perfection) and I loved this book as well. I recommend them both!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm