Skip to main content

My Month Is Booked: July 2024 Edition

 Here are the books I read in June:


 

The Wedding Party –L.R. Jones

My Rating: 4 stars

I really enjoyed this mystery novel. It was very good. It wasn’t overly violent or gory and I appreciated that.

 

You Look Beautiful Tonight –L.R. Jones

My Rating: 3 stars

This book was full of twists and turns I didn’t see coming. I totally did not see the ending coming.

 

Homerun Proposal –Maren Moore (Orleans University #1)

My Rating: 3 stars

I wish this book had more baseball talk in it. I also felt like it was overly heavy on the smut. I don’t mind some smut in books but I don’t like it when it’s over the top. I did really enjoy the parts of the books when they weren’t focusing on the smut scenes, but I felt like there needed to be a lot more of those parts.

 

She’s Up To No Good –Sara Goodman Confino

My Rating: 4 stars

This story follows two women (a grandmother & her granddaughter) and shares their story. I really loved this book. This is an author that I found this year and I really love her writing.

 

Don’t Forget to Write –Sara Goodman Confino

My Rating: 4 stars

This novel takes place in 1960 and is about Marilyn finding her way in life. She is sent to live with her aunt for the summer after bringing embarrassment to the family and her future at returning to college is up in the air.

Comments

  1. Ooo, I'm going to have to check out The Wedding Party and You Look Beautiful Tonight -- have been in the mood for more thrillers/mysteries lately. :]!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wedding Party was so good. You Look Beautiful Tonight was good too but the twist it had in it freaked me out. Let me know what you think of them if/when you read them. A series I highly suggest is the Amish mystery series by Linda Castillo. The 16th book in the series just came out and I know that may seem like a lot of books but they are such quick reads and they are all so good.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Books Read in February 2022

  The Code For Love & Heartbreak -Jillian Cantor I saw this book on sale for $10 and thought it looked interesting. It was a cute story line. A little repetitive at places but overall I enjoyed it. I rated it 3 stars on the Goodreads website. When Less Becomes More -Emily Ley I love Emily Ley's books and I had the pleasure of meeting her at one of the Wild For Planners Go Wild Planner conferences. She is super sweet! I really enjoy her personal development books. I rated this book 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 4) -Alice Oseman I love this series so much. I love graphic novels and I really wish my library had more of them. I rated this book 4 stars. Bad Moms -Nora McInerny I like this movie (and the sequel A Bad Mom's Christmas) and I saw this at a discount store and I had no idea it was made into a novel. I enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite book ever since I knew everything that happened since it stuck very close to the movie. I rated it 3 stars. Life, Unscheduled -K...

Books Read In December 2021 & End of Year Book Survey

  In December, I read 6 books. The first three books I read are apart of a series. The series is called Moose Springs, Alaska by Sarah Morgenthaler. I rated all three of these books 3 stars on the Goodreads website. This was a super cute series. I really enjoyed these books. They were fun, light reads. I think the fourth book in the series comes out in 2021. Book 1: The Tourist Attraction Book 2: Mistletoe & Mr. Right Book 3: Enjoy The View The Holiday Switch -Tif Marcelo I loved this book so much. It was such a cute, fun, and festive read. This is on my list of my favorite books I've read this year. I rated this book 4 stars. The last two books I read this month are also apart of a series. I rated both of them 3 stars. Heartstopper (Volume 1) & Heartstopper (Volume 2) -Alice Oseman Top 10 Favorite Books of the Year: 1.       Malibu Rising –Taylor Jenkins Reid 2.               ...

Books Read In November 2020

  In November, I read 5 books. Three are new to me and 2 are re-reads. All images are from Goodreads except the first photo is from Amazon. Love Your Life -Sophie Kinsella I liked this book. It wasn't my favorite novel of Sophie Kinsella's but I still recommend it and I did enjoy it. I rated this book 3 stars on Goodreads.com. Christmas At Fireside Cabins -Jenny Hale Another great Christmas novel from Jenny Hale. I highly recommend all of her Christmas books. The story, the setting, the characters... are just so sweet and fun. I rated this book 4 stars. In A Holidaze -Christina Lauren This is my first time reading a book from Christina Lauren and I loved it. I have the rest of their books on my TBR list. I really enjoyed this book. It had a really interesting plot and I loved the characters and the setting so much. I rated this book 4 stars. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares -Rachel Cohn & David Levithan I re-read this book and I loved it just as much as reading it th...