Skip to main content

2019 Survey

1. What did you do in 2019 that you'd never done before?
I went to Las Vegas, Nevada with my mom because that’s where the Go Wild Planner conference was this year. While there, I gambled for the first time on a slot machine and won $76.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I made goals for the year. Most of them were completed, but some were not.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
None.

6. What would you like to have in 2020 that you lacked in 2019?
I would love to be free of my hip pain. I would also love to go back to teaching again.

7. What date(s) from 2019 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb. 21st: Went on medical leave
March 19th: Had to get surgery to remove an abscess in my nose.
March: Started filming planner videos for my Youtube channel.
March 18th-22nd: Sister C, BIL A, niece A, nephew M came to visit
March 23rd-27th: Brother R, SIL A, nephews J & N came to visit
May 1st-May 5th: Went to Las Vegas, Nevada with my mom to attend the Go Wild Planner Conference
May 9th: Left my job due to my health issues.
May 18th: Went wedding dress shopping with my best friend and she said yes to the dress.
July 10th: Got a new job working in a 4K class but because of my ongoing hip pain issues I sadly had to leave it at the end of September.
October 5th: Bestie date with A.
October 11th-14th: Went to NY to surprise my dad for his surprise birthday party. It was so wonderful to spend quality time with my family.
November 9th: My best friend got married to the love of her life and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding.
December 17th: Spent the day with my best friend A, and her son B. We went to a bunch of stores, talked about so much (we literally don’t stop talking when we are together), had Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and then we watched B sing at his Christmas concert at school.
December 30th: Spent the day with my mom. We went to Ulta, Target, Moe’s for lunch and got cupcakes for my birthday.
December 31st: I turned 33 and celebrated by relaxing at home and spending quality time with my mom (one of my favorite things to do).

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting through another year in constant pain.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to keep my new job due to my ongoing health issues.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
For the majority of this year, I wasn’t working so I didn’t spend as much. The things I did buy were planner stickers and some books.

11. Where did most of your money go?
See above: Planner stickers & supplies, Books, bills, groceries.

12. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Vegas with my mom, attending my third Go Wild Planner conference, Being in my best friend’s wedding.

13. What song will always remind you of 2019?
I don’t really have one that I can think of.

14. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I had been able to go to NY more often to visit my family and spend time with my nephews and nieces.

15. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with my mom, step-dad, Grandma, sister C, niece M, nephew S, and their family friends at my sister C’s house.

16. Did you fall in love in 2019?
No.

17. What was your favorite TV program?
I love a lot of shows but my favorites are Chicago PD/Fire/Med/ and Survivor.

18. What was the best book you read?
Here are my top 6 favorite books out of the 55 books I read this year: 
Red, White, & Royal Blue –Casey McQuiston, The Bookish Life of Nina Hill –Abbi Waxman, Shamed (A Kate Burkholder Mystery) –Katie Castillo, Christmas Shopaholic –Sophie Kinsella, One Christmas In Paris –Mandy Baggot, You’ve Been Volunteered (A Class Mom novel) –Laurie Gelman.

19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No one that I can remember.

20. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn’t see too many movies in the theater but my favorites were probably Frozen 2 & Last Christmas. I did watch a lot of great movies on TV and on Netflix.

21. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 33 on New Year’s Eve. The day before my birthday, my mom and I went to Target & Ulta, had Moe’s for lunch, and got cupcakes. The day of my birthday, we spent relaxing at home. My mom and I made my favorite meal for dinner (chicken parm & pasta).

22. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not being in constant pain with my left hip as well as spending more time in NY with my family.

23. What kept you sane?
My mom, my best friend A and her son B, my friend R, the planner community and my planner friends, reading, my fur babies, planning, making planner Youtube videos.

24. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Patrick John Flueger, Ryan Guzman, Paul Wesley, Brett Young

25. Who was the best new person you met?
Planner friends!

26. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2019:
I am not a failure. I often feel like it because of ongoing chronic pain issues and I just have to remember that I’m doing the best I can and that just because I’m not where I want to be right now (by not currently working), that doesn’t make me a failure. This lesson is something I need to keep reminding myself of.

27. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“God bless this mess
If this is as good as it's gonna get
I'm gonna hold you like I know it's gonna be okay again
I got a hurricane in my heart
Keeps on rattling the good apart
And honestly, I'm just an honest wreck
But I'm trying my best
God bless this mess, oh, god bless this mess”
-God Bless This Mess by Jillian Jacqueline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm