Skip to main content

2018 End of Year Survey

1. What did you do in 2018 that you'd never done before?
Traveled to Texas (for my second Go Wild Planner Conference), celebrated a year working at my full time job. I started doing Live Plan With Me’s on my Instagram Channel.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend, N.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No.

5. What countries did you visit?
None.

6. What would you like to have in 2019 that you lacked in 2018?
Relief from my hip pain.

7. What date(s) from 2018 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Feb. 18th-Feb. 23rd: My brother, SIL, nephews J & N came to visit! It was so much fun getting to spend quality time with them. Unfortunately, I had to work M-W and Friday but I was able to take Thursday off and we went to a local wax museum, went to Dave & Buster’s and played lots of games, and did some shopping.
March 24th: Celebrated my friend N with a baby shower!
March 30th-April 5th: My sister, BIL, niece A, nephew M came to visit. We celebrated Easter together and spent quality time together on the weekend and at night since I had to work during the day.
May 2nd-May 5th: Was in Austin, Texas for my second Go Wild Planner Conference. It was so amazing and I was so happy to be able to attend.
May 13th: Celebrated my amazing mom on Mother’s Day with a special brunch!
May 28th-June 1st: My brother, SIL, nephews M & A came to visit. I spent Memorial Day off with them and then spent quality time with them after work the rest of the days they were here.
June 9th & 10th: My dad came to visit me. We had lots of fun spending quality time together. On Saturday night, we ate dinner at a local restaurant while watching the Mets games and on Sunday night we ate dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant. During the days, we went shopping, out to lunch, spent some time at my dad’s hotel room watching movies. I had sprained my wrist and thumb earlier this week so we couldn’t do anything water related like swimming or going to the beach.
June 21st: My nephew M, my first born nephew that made me an aunt, graduated from middle school. Unfortunately, because of distance I couldn’t be there in person.
July 29th-August 5th: I went home to NY to visit my family. We spent lots of quality time together: swimming, having delicious food, playing video games & board games, etc. I got to see my nephew M play the donkey in Shrek and he killed it. I also got to spend some time with my friend H who I met in 10th grade and I got to meet her sweet baby boy!
August 29th: I got promoted to lead teacher of the 2B classroom.
September 11th-September 16th: My job closed early on Tuesday, the 11th and then we were closed the rest of the week because on Friday the 14th, Hurricane Florence hit. Thankfully, we were spared but other areas near us, weren’t so fortunate.
September 29th: My favorite athlete, David Wright, played his last game at third base for the NY Mets before he retired due to health issues.
October 4th: I celebrated my one year anniversary at work.
October 17th: My mom’s birthday!
October 29th: My dad’s birthday!
October 31st: We celebrated Halloween at my job with a class party!
November 22nd: Celebrated Thanksgiving with my mom, step-dad, Grandma, and family friends.
November 26th-November 30th: I took the week off of work which was much needed and spent lots of quality time with my mom.
December 1st: I saw Brett Young, Tyler Rich, and Rachel Wammack in concert and they all killed it! I went with my friend, L.
December 2nd: I spent the day with my best friend, A. We went to Target, ate take out hibachi, decorated her new condo for Christmas, baked cookies, and had lots of quality time together. We met at my job back in 2017 and we’ve become best friends. I cherish all of our times together.
December 7th-December 8th: I attended my third Winter Planner Land and had a great time despite being sick with double ear infections & a sinus infection.
December 12th: Holiday Music Program at work with my class and our class Christmas party after the program.
December 13th: Staff Christmas Dinner at a local restaurant with my job.
December 21st: Polar Express Day at my job. We all wore pajamas and watched The Polar Express with our classes and made s’mores and had hot chocolate for the kids snack.
December 24th & December 25th: Christmas Eve & Christmas
December 31st: Celebrated my 32nd birthday.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Celebrating my one year anniversary at my job. Also, making it through the year while being in constant pain due to my hip was an achievement in itself.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn’t really have any big failures. I was disappointed to not find any relief for my hip pain despite countless doctor visits and other things. However, last week, I found out the cause of my hip pain and hopefully my doctor will be able to provide some relief now that we know what the cause is.

10. What was the best thing you bought?
I purchased a lot of planner stickers & supplies, great books, gifts for my family members for birthdays & Christmas.

11. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My mom.

12. Where did most of your money go?
Planner stickers & supplies, books, health related expenses, bills, groceries, Christmas & birthday presents for my family & friends. 

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My trip home to NY, my family members trips to visit, Go Wild planner conference in Austin, Texas, Winter Planner Land, holidays, quality time spent with my mom and my friends, local planner meet ups.

14. What song will always remind you of 2018?
Same as my answer for 2017: God Bless This Mess –Jillian Jacqueline. Also, the song Get Along by Kenny Chesney.

15. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I was able to go to NY more often to visit and spend time with my family.

16. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it at home. I couldn't go out due to being in a lot of pain with my hip.

17. Did you fall in love in 2018?
No.

18. What was your favorite TV program?
I love a lot of shows but my favorites are Chicago PD/Fire/Med. 

19. What was the best book you read?
1) A Gathering of Secrets (newest novel in the Kate Burkholder series) by Linda Castillo 2) The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah 3) Still Me by Jojo Moyes

20. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Tyler Rich & Rachel Wammack

21. What did you want and get?
To go to the Go Wild Planner Conference in Austin, Texas.

22. What did you want and not get?
I wanted to go back to visit my family in NY more often than I did. I also wanted to attend at least 1 Mets game. I wanted to find relief for my hip pain.

23. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'm not sure. I loved a bunch of movies.

24. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 32 on December 31st! I was in a lot of pain (as per usual) but I managed to make the best of the day. I went to a few stores with my mom (Target, Ulta, Marshall’s) and did some shopping. I went out to lunch at Moe’s with my mom. My mom treated us to cupcakes for my birthday and for dinner my mom treated me, my step-dad, and grandma to dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant.

25. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Spending more time in NY with my family and being in less pain.

26. What kept you sane?
My best friend: my mom, my family, my bestie: A, my planner friends, my furbabies: Davey Eli & Pumpkin, the planner community & planning.

27. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
David Wright, JJ Redick, Eric Decker 

28. Who was the best new person you met?
Planner friends.

29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2018:
“I will choose to find joy in the journey that God has set before me.” –I found this quote on Pinterest and I love it because I did have a lot of health and pain issues in 2017 & 2018 and I always tried to remember this when I felt really down about it.

30. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“God bless this mess
If this is as good as it's gonna get
I'm gonna hold you like I know it's gonna be okay again
I got a hurricane in my heart
Keeps on rattling the gooder part
And honestly, I'm just an honest wreck
But I'm trying my best
God bless this mess, oh, god bless this mess”
-God Bless This Mess by Jillian Jacqueline

Comments

  1. Love this, Amy! So much good stuff. Although, I'm sorry to hear about your hip pain. It's terrible to be in constant pain. Hoping that you get some relief soon! & I still need to read The Great Alone! Glad you thought it was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comments, Alex! I hope so too! It's such a great book. When you read it, you have to let me know what you thought of it! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What's Up Wednesday: November 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Late lunch of Chipotle so I just had some vegetables for dinner. Tuesday: Buffalo Wild Wings I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family during the holiday season! What I'm Loving... Watching all of the Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. What I've Been Up To... Watching football, reading, planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January, watching Christmas movies, filming for my Youtube channel. What I'm Dreading... That the Christmas season will go by too fast, like it does every year. I always have the post-Christmas blues in January. What I'm Working On... Planning out my content for my Youtube channel for December & January. What I'm Excited About... All things Christmas! What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: Football, Survior, Dancing With the Stars, Sullivan's Crossing (I highly recommend this show),

What's Up Wednesday: March 2024 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Salad and cheesy garlic bread Tuesday: Salad and fruit I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About... My trips to visit my family. What I'm Loving... March Madness! What I've Been Up To... Packing up my room. I'm getting the carpet ripped out and a floor installed so we had to move everything downstairs. What I'm Dreading... Putting everything back in my room. I know I will be happy once it's done but just thinking about it is stressing me out. What I'm Working On... Besides packing up my room, I also filmed some videos for Youtube. What I'm Excited About... The start of baseball season! Let's Go Mets! March Madness tournament for men's and women's college basketball. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching: College basketball, Hallmark, regular TV shows Reading: Fangirl Down by Tessa Bailey What I'm Listening To... Kenny Chesney, Sam Hunt, Morgan Wallen, Bailey Zi

What's Up Wednesday: October 2023 Edition

  What We're Eating This Week... Monday: Pepperoni roll Tuesday: Sausage & veggies I'm not sure about the rest of the week. What I'm Reminiscing About...  The last time the Mets were in the World Series in 2015. What I'm Loving... Spending time with family and friends, reading, watching sports/tv/movies, these new cookies I found at the grocery store. What I've Been Up To... Bestie day with ABA, time with mom, filming, reading, watching sports/tv/movies. What I'm Dreading... Nothing at the moment. What I'm Working On... Content schedule for November & December. What I'm Excited About... MLB playoffs & World Series, high school and college football and the NFL. What I'm Watching/Reading... Watching... All the football and baseball, Hallmark movies. Reading...  A Winter in New York by Josie Silver. What I'm Listening To... Morgan Wallen, Sam Hunt, Eric Church, Bailey Zimmerman, Jessie James Decker, Zoe Clark, Van Morrison. What I'm